Topic: New Private Message mod

ok, i know i'm really behind on PM mod updates so here it is, version 1.2.2 i've not fully released it yet as i would like a couple of people (particularly upgrades) to confirm it works fine.

Download

New features:
* Security bug fixed
* Multi Delete fixed
* Options are now in a plugin
* Usergroup permissions added
* Send PM link added to admin profile view
* PM button removed for guests
* New look for the PM pages (i'd love feedback its slightly broken in IE so if someone has some better markup please share wink)

Re: New Private Message mod

When I send messages to a forum member, the percentage in the inbox increases, but new messages don't show up.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Hmm, i can't duplicate that, could you tell me some stuff, is it an upgrade or clean install (the pm mod not punbb), and does that member have any other PMs in their inbox that they can read?, and what is there username (does it have any funny characters). Also if you send a PM to yourself can you read it?

Nice.

Go Canada! - No matter what, except when Stephen Harper is Prime Minster!
NHL is back, GO TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS! even if they lose...
[Firefox Rules!] - [Amazing Race] - [My Site!]

Connorhd wrote:

Hmm, i can't duplicate that, could you tell me some stuff, is it an upgrade or clean install (the pm mod not punbb), and does that member have any other PMs in their inbox that they can read?, and what is there username (does it have any funny characters). Also if you send a PM to yourself can you read it?

It's an upgrade. No PMs in inbox whatsoever. Sent PMs appear fine in the sent box, however. The username is "test user of death" (no quotes). I cannot read a PM sent to myself, neither with my admin account (pogenwurst) nor my test account (test user of death). Also, I cannot send from my test account to my admin account either.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Just noticed this - admin_options.php gives me this error:

Warning: main(./include/pms/admin_options.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/web_g/d20/s22/a000skup/www/awesome/forum/admin_options.php on line 429

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './include/pms/admin_options.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/web_g/d20/s22/a000skup/www/awesome/forum/admin_options.php on line 429

It's messed up a bit too. No style, no header/footer, many of the options missing.

This might be a mistake I made during the upgrade. Any ideas?

ok, so nothing appears in the inbox?
can you open messages_list.php
find

// Fetch messages
$result = $db->query('SELECT * FROM '.$db->prefix.'messages WHERE owner='.$pun_user['id'].' AND status='.$box.' ORDER BY posted DESC LIMIT '.$limit) or error('Unable to fetch messages list for forum', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

and before that add

echo 'SELECT * FROM '.$db->prefix.'messages WHERE owner='.$pun_user['id'].' AND status='.$box.' ORDER BY posted DESC LIMIT '.$limit;

then paste what that outputs here.

Results in:

SELECT * FROM mcent_messages WHERE owner=2 AND status=0 ORDER BY posted DESC LIMIT 0,20

do you have access to phpmyadmin? could you try running that query/looking to see if there are any messages with status 0?

10 (edited by pogenwurst 2005-10-05 20:33)

I have phpmyadmin access but I'm not too good at it, so I used your DB Management plugin. The query didn't return any results.

BTW, PM system worked fine before upgrade.

any chance you could make me admin on your forum? i just registered.

I guess... I don't really have much reason not to trust you, and I just made a DB backup anyway.

Will be done in a sec.

works ok for me.

Cool!!!!!

Ok, i've fixed it, for some reason the default value for status had disappeared from your db (i have no clue why), i'll edit the mod so even if that happens it won't break it in future.

Thanks for beta testing wink feel free to remove my admin access.

edit: oh and you can remove that extra line from message_list.php wink

15 (edited by Azakur4 2005-10-05 20:45)

lol the problem in admin_options.php is because you upgrade the mod, edit the admin_options.php, find the pms required and remove it because now, all is controlled by plugins.

i forgotten in the data base you can remove a register in the table config the of register is o_pms_messages in this version it not used

El Mejor Lugar de la Red - Corporación Azakur4

oh yeh i forgot that
i'll add that to the readme and make a release wink

17 (edited by pogenwurst 2005-10-05 20:49)

Thanks, your fix worked.

Any thoughts on the admin panel issue? I'm leaving your admin access for now in case you want to look into that. (EDIT: oops, ignore that, Azakur4 already addressed it).

On a side note, while on my forums, did you see this error a lot? http://mcawesome.hysellstuff.com/forum/ … php?id=126

yeh, seems to appear on every other view lol

Connorhd wrote:

Thanks for beta testing wink feel free to remove my admin access.

Do you want your account deleted, or do you want to keep it?

Just delete it. Thanks. For the admin_option bug just remove <?php require(PUN_ROOT.'include/pms/admin_options.php'); ?> from admin_options.php

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=53711