Topic: "/upload" must appear in Forum URL. Trying to get rid of it.

Started my PunBB Forum yesterday and I love the simple, clean design! The problem is that I can't access my forum via URL without including "/upload" after my Domain name. I'd rather just use the Domain name. I tried moving the files from "upload" into the root folder "forum" in my FTP space. That didn't seem to work. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Also, are there any files that I should delete for security reasons? In other forum software, one is asked to do this after installing. Does this apply to PunBB?

Thanks so much in advance!

Re: "/upload" must appear in Forum URL. Trying to get rid of it.

You couldn't move the files in the upload folder to your webspace root? Then you should ask your host smile

The install.php file could be deleted, but it's not really necessary since you can't run it when the forum is installed.

Thanks for the response.

I moved the files in the upload folder to my webspace root, but then I couldn't access the Forum with my Domain name. So, I moved them back. Hmmm..

I also notice that along with the 9 files in the "upload" folder, there are also 6 additional folders..starting with "cache" and ending with "style."

Do the contents of these  folders also need to go into the webspace root? If so, should I move them seperately without their folders?

Thanks!

Success! For anyone else who has this problem, here's how it worked out for me.

I had to move the 9 files in the "upload" folder to the webspace root. Then I moved the remaining 6 folders inside the "upload" folder, one at a time into the root as well. Bingo!! Now I don't need to use the "/upload" addition on my URL to access the Forum.

Thanks for everyones help!

Just so everyone knows, you are not supposed to upload the "upload" folder in the first place, just the contents of it including the subfolders.