1 (edited by PMD 2005-10-24 17:13)

Topic: [Release] PunBB Backup v1.0

Hiya,

This plugin allows you to quickly and easily make a database backup and then transfer it in a number of ways. Currently, database backups can be:

* Downloaded to your local hard drive
* Saved to the server
* Transferred via FTP to an external server

At the moment, MySQL, MySQLi and SQLite are fully supported and tested. PostgreSQL is untested, but should be able to properly dump the data (not structure) of a postgre DB.

Download here!

Screenshot:
http://img420.imageshack.us/img420/5563/pbbbackup8mw.th.png

I'm fully aware of the DB management plugin, this plugin supports more databases and is for backup purposes rather than a general SQL management thing.

Enjoy,
Michael

Re: [Release] PunBB Backup v1.0

Good Work!

Very cool! I especially like the FTP upload thingy. I'll upload it to punbb.org asap.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Maybe you could update the db management plugin to use this backup script as it seems more advanced than the one i used, feel free to add your name to the credits and whatever, i just think it will be better for users to have one plugin to do the job the best way possible.

Great plugin...  Thanks PMD.

6 (edited by Jérémie 2005-10-25 18:28)

Can we cron it ?

Thank you !

my forum is about 150MB. It will not work on my board.

not even FTP or local copy?

Jérémie wrote:

Can we cron it ?

If you're going to cron it, I would suggest "croning" mysqldump instead.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

How do I use it to restore the database?! What shall I do with the sql file?

Use the DB management plugin wink

13 (edited by lhffan 2006-02-14 21:24)

Any ideas do implement this plugin or Connorhd´s plugin in punbb 1.3 i think it is very useful. Or as Connorhd says abowe to merge the two plugins to one plugin.

Whoho... my first post

great plugin. very nice!
but i've a future request: integrate the mail-function, so backups can be sent via mail.
this would be great!

15 (edited by franke 2006-03-05 22:18)

Great plugin, although I have problems with it, I´m trying to understand whether the problem is in the plugin or somewhere else.

I successfully create a backup , but when I try to back up my database into mysql with "mysql mydb < backup.sql" I get an ERROR 1046.

I checked my .sql file and it seemed to be missing a  ';'  after the 'create table' arguments.  When I inserted ; , I could then restore my database into mysql , pointed my config.php to the new database and everything was fine!

Now, is this a problem in the backup plugin ? If so, how do I correct it ?!

edit: I thought that my edit of my .sql-file worked, but it didnt. The forum looks ok, but you can only see the structure and the topics. The posts do not exist.

What to do?

franke is right, i do not recommend this plugin. its not working correctly (topics ok, no posts). What to do?

I'm getting that error too.

18 (edited by AlanCollier 2006-10-16 14:12)

Michael

It's a very useful plugin, unfortunately it doesn't work for me when saving to the filesystem:

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1960 bytes) in /**/**/**/messageboard/plugins/AP_Backup.php on line 101"

My database is 83.24 MB.

Any help in getting it to work would be appreciated.

--Alan

very cool! smile

Making the world a better place one byte at a time.

Has anyone got this to successfully work with SQLite? The db is currently 14Mb and I am trying to track down why I can't back the thing up!

my mind is on a permanent tangent
byUsers forum

The SQLite db should be a file in your forum folder, just browse it from the FTP, there should be no need for a plugin.

Normally I'd agree, but what if some where down the line I get access to another database? Having access to an sql back up is preferable.

byUsers forum

Then again, since it's a physical and accessible file, you should be able to download it knowing its position and name, to replace it a simple file upload script should do.

I can copy the physical file with no problem, but I need access to all the INSERT statements etc.

It may be related to a memory problem, so I've contacted the relevant people on the hosting side to see if then can up the limit - even if it just rules that out as the problem.

byUsers forum

It was a memory problem, got it upped to 32Mb and it appears to create/download the file with no problem.

However, I've no come across another problem - handling of NULL is not working correctly, don't know if anyone has come across this before but I get something like the following:

'z¶"@ø'±', 'z¶"@hiP', 'z¶"@(?r'

It could be a server issue, again! But if anyone knows how to correctly alter this I'd be grateful.

I should be able to adapt it, but my solution, used elsewhere, is not elegant and there is probably an easier way.

byUsers forum