Re: 1.3 teaser

looks really nice smile

(ps put hooks where the attachment mod needs to be wink ds)

B-eA utiful!

Yours, Benny.

flx wrote:

i just wanted to know if its released in a few days

Surely not

flx wrote:

month

probably

flx wrote:

years.

surely not

Ludo

months probably, certainly not days wink (my guess anyway)

Connorhd wrote:

months probably, certainly not days wink (my guess anyway)

Looks like I am going to be waiting a little bit before I will do the development work I had been planning on doing pretty soon.

big_smile

-Steve

Awesome stuff!  Certainly looks very snazzy.  Really looking forward to not having to touch code when wanting to implement custom functionality...

Digital photography news, reviews, discussions and more!
http://www.shuttertalk.com

The online bible for all
http://www.publicbible.com

AWSOME!

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

That video is a thing of beauty.  1.3 is going to rock!

Do you know Jedit ? (www.jedit.org)

It's a java text editor, and i like plugins system. You can check all plug-in directly from the editor and install/update is easy !

So if extension si only xml files, is it possible to have the same concept on 1.3 release ? (With punres who host all extensions)

And what about extension' update ?

Thank for your attention, and thank for punbb wink

pokemon_jojo wrote:

So if extension si only xml files, is it possible to have the same concept on 1.3 release ? (With punres who host all extensions)

Thing is, an extension must be able to include other files as well. Other PHP scripts, images etc. I would like extensions to be packaged as zip files. It would be great if these could be located at punres.

pokemon_jojo wrote:

And what about extension' update ?

Updating an extension is just a matter of uploading the new version into the extensions directory and installing it. If there is already an older version of the extension installed, it will be overwritten. If the extension has its own database tables (or if it modifies the default tables) and the table layout changes between versions of the extensions, the author of the extension will have to include support for this in the install code. To help with that, a variable called $cur_version will be available to the author so that he/she can do different things depending on from which version the extension is being upgraded.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Great work!

Wow Rickard, this is very cool. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to it.

You made my jaw drop!!!..
I paused it at the part where you're showing the code, pretty amazing!
I can't believe that small piece of text can un/install mods so quickly!
WOW!

I can't figure out why it is that the demo won't come up in Firefox (beta 1.5).
When I used the HTML Tidy extension and its "Clean Up Code" function, it then displayed the demo in the extension window. Strange ...

BTW, Rickard - this is very cruel! Now we're all dreaming of 1.3 and plugins ... errr, add-ins.
I like the idea of calling them "pun-ins". smile

morepork wrote:

I can't figure out why it is that the demo won't come up in Firefox (beta 1.5).
When I used the HTML Tidy extension and its "Clean Up Code" function, it then displayed the demo in the extension window. Strange ...

I use Firefox 1.5 Beta 2 and it works for me. Odd.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

OMG.
*dies*
That is the best thing I have seen since potato bread - and I surely do love potato bread.

Will this be similar to the Package Manager in SMF? As in, will it be the primary way to easily Mod a board? Looks much more efficient.

morepork wrote:

I like the idea of calling them "pun-ins". smile

i like that.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Until it gets changed, the admin language file now calls them Add-ins.

Still less pain for installing / updating our PunBaBies ? No, seriously it rocks !

hmm ... are the hooks in place in the beta, or are they still to arrive?

(thinking about starting to fix a certain mod for 1.3 if possible ... so it won't take as long as it did for 1.2 wink)

there is no beta. There is the subversion but it doesn't have the hooks yet, nor is it in a working state atm from what i can see Paul is half way through commiting the markup/css changes and the admin panel language pack.

ok thnx ...

(ah well beta/subversion whatever wink big_smile)

Rickard said he'd get a EDK (Extension development kit?) out before 1.3 so the mods can be made in advance.

that sounds really nice smile

should be fun to try out the hooks when it arrives smile

nice work - where can I find the Random quote 1.0 ?