Topic: Moving from vBulletin to punBB

Hi! I have a client who wants to move from vBulletin to punBB. Bu this moment there are more than 1000 posts in the current forum.How can I move these post to the related database which punBB is based on? Should I use MyPhpAdmin? another way?

Re: Moving from vBulletin to punBB

If you're running vBulletin 3.0, you can use the migration tool. Have a look at the downloads page.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

the passwords will convert to ?

I'm not sure about vB3. I think it doesn't. I.e. your users will have to use the forgotten password feature to request a new one after the conversion.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

all right. and what's about those, who still use vb 2.x? is there any chance to migrate?

Yes, I believe there's support for 2.x as well.

but on the downloads page only 3.x is mentioned

I guess I was wrong then smile You could upgrade to 3.* and then migrate, but then you'd have to buy vB 3.

I haven't tried so I can't guarantee that it will work, but you may consider converting from vBulletin 2.x to PhpBB (converters), then convert from PhpBB to PunBB.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.