Topic: MySQL to SQLite

I currently have PunBB 1.2.2 on a forum I run. It has about 100 users and 900 posts, which has gradually become a valuable resource. I want to convert the existing MySQL database into an SQLite one because I need cheaper hosting and it puts less load on the server (I've tested).

Is it as simple as doing a MySQL dump and then adding this to a new SQLite database, or is the syntax wildly different? Also, if I upgrade to 1.2.6, will my database structure change (will I need to worry)?

Thanks in advance,

Jamey

Re: MySQL to SQLite

Maybe I'm impatient, but 27 views and nobody has replied?

Is it impossible or something? tongue

well i dunno about everyone else but i don't use sqlite, have you tried googling for a convertor?

Yes, it came up with some manual method. But what I really want to know: is the database structure much different between the two, or is it identical? In other words, will I have many problems?

I need to know if this is possible, too. Does anyone know?

It should be possible. As long as you can get a standard sql-dump from mysql.
The table and cellnames are the same, so that's no problem.

Can you make a dump and test-load it? That way you can try before really converting.

I'll try. Annoying that the conversion tool doesn't work in SQLite, though. Otherwise I could do this in one step.

Well, you could fix that.
It'sprobably only adding the correct table rules for sqlite for it.
I did the same for the PM mod, it's not difficult, as long as you know your sql.