Re: PunBB 1.2.10

Hmm.. I've got a little problem.
In the admin, it still shows version 1.2.9. I've even updated it
manually in the config table in the database but it doesn't help.

Can antbody tell me what to do?

52 (edited by Smartys 2005-11-07 22:06)

If you updated manually, delete your config cache file wink

Rickard wrote:

I got fed up with all the crappy mass mailer applications out there, so I wrote my own in .NET:

http://punbb.org/stuff/mailtorrent.png
http://punbb.org/stuff/mailtorrent2.png

It took about an hour. Testing out maybe 10 other applications that didn't work properly took a lot longer.

Would you mind giving us the code you're using. I'm quite interested.

Ludo,

Download it tongue

Rickard wrote:

http://punbb.org/stuff/MailTorrent-1.0.zip

Since I initially only made it for myself to use, I'm sure it's pretty easy to break. It could probably use a few more try/catch blocks, but what the hell smile It's released under the GPL.

Ty, very nice upgrade.

http://www.hack-central.mypunbb.com

^^^Come here and check out my hacking site. You can find all the coolest and latest hacking tools. Guest are not allowed to view the forum to prevent leeches. Btw, I go by the name of Consequence on that site.

Hi!

My Pun is a 1.2.9 version.
I've already installed several mods released by punBB.org and I would upgrade to 1.2.10
The problem is that some of my files that should be overwrited are affected by mods. If I upgrade those files, I may delete these mods, and perhaps corrupt the whole forum.
Is there a solution to upgrade to 1.2.10 without delete my mods ?

Yes, the patch or hdiff

Can you explain what do you mean ?

thx

http://punbb.org/downloads.php
See the links that say "Patch" and "Hdiff"?

It's great....!!!
1.2.10 Updated !
thx for your answers.

i wish 1.3 will be released

be patient. it'll be worth it smile

Hi, this is my first post here (happy user of PunBB since version 1.2.5)

I just had a quick question regarding the changelog for this version : item 5 in the list reads "Force quoted text to be from the topic we're posting in"

Does this mean that as of 1.2.10 we will be now be unable to quote, say, Einstein for example, or a news article maybe, and put the quotation inside "quote" tags ?... or have I completely misunderstood what it is about ?

PS : I'm at work now so I don't have time to dig up the code and find by myself smile

bedroom wrote:

Does this mean that as of 1.2.10 we will be now be unable to quote, say, Einstein for example, or a news article maybe, and put the quotation inside "quote" tags ?... or have I completely misunderstood what it is about ?

No. And this proves it:

Mary had a little lamb.

New Friendly web-shop! • SO happy with PunBB! • Now punBB 1.4.x on ALL forums (won't tell how many or their addresses to avoid spam-regs)

i assume it means there was a bug where the quote button selected text from a different topic for some reason?

66 (edited by alpha 2005-12-01 19:56)

Tobi wrote:

I don't know your recipien lists.
If they are random you should definitely consider sorting the addresses by domains.

python solution for presorting mailing lists (quick hack):

#!/usr/bin/env python
# encoding: utf-8

# sort email adresses by domain
# Karsten W. Rohrbach <alpha@webmonster.de>

import sys

def swappy(input):
    output = []
    for el in input:
        try:
            one,two = el.split('@')
            output.append('@'.join([two,one]))
        except Exception:
            output.append(input)
    return output

try:
    f = open(sys.argv[1], 'r')
    outfile = open(sys.argv[2], 'w')
except Exception, e:
    print "syntax:", sys.argv[0], "<infile> <outfile>"
    sys.exit(99)
adx = []
adx = f.readlines()
f.close()

ad2 = swappy(adx)
del adx
ad2.sort()
ad3 = swappy(ad2)
del ad2
outfile.write(''.join(ad3))
outfile.close()

This is a quick hack and needs a bit more than 2 times the RAM of your mailing list size.
Works for me, anyway ;-)

Regards,
/k

bedroom wrote:

I just had a quick question regarding the changelog for this version : item 5 in the list reads "Force quoted text to be from the topic we're posting in"

No. It just means that you can no longer construct a valid URL to post a reply with a quote where the post ID to quote isn't from the topic we're posting in. If that was as confusing for you as it was for me, I'll illustrate. To quote your post, I navigated to:

post.php?tid=9333&qid=58128

tid is the ID of this topic and qid is the ID of your post. Before 1.2.10, qid could be from anywhere and not just tid.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Tobi wrote:

I don't know your recipien lists.
If they are random you should definitely consider sorting the addresses by domains.
This will make things a lot easier for your mailer as it has to open only one connection for X mails.
Otherwise the mailer has to open a new connection for every mail -> slow.
If you do that, however, you will have to give the prog a break every X mails so they're not considered spam.

I did it that way for a client, they have a mailing list with 350.000 recipients and it works like a charm.
(Well, of course it takes some hours... smile )

Edit: I know no .net , not too interested in proprietary scripting so I would not know how to do that sorting... smile

For some reason, I missed this post. Thanks for the heads up. I will consider it if I ever create a new version of the mailer I released. It is released under the GPL, so if anyone else is interested in fixing it, be my guest smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Maybe thx.  New to using PunBB and it's great I must say.

heu wher e r the chicks