Topic: New installation: No MySQL support in PHP? (PHP 5.0.5 & MySQL 5.0.15)

When I attempt to install PunBB, I receive the following message from the installation script:

This PHP environment does not have support for any of the databases that PunBB supports. PHP needs to have support for either MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQLite in order for PunBB to be installed.

Is this because of how php.ini is configured? I have Apache 2.0.55, PHP 5.0.5, and MySQL 5.0.15 installed on this FreeBSD server, so I am a bit lost as to why it is saying this. Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Re: New installation: No MySQL support in PHP? (PHP 5.0.5 & MySQL 5.0.15)

You haven't compiled/configured PHP with MySQL-support. You might have MySQL installed, but you have to tell PHP to include support when you compile it.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Don't forget on (some) new MySQL setups you have to flush the old passwords because of the hashing algorithm.

more info here: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html

4 (edited by aku 2005-11-27 00:04)

Rickard wrote:

You haven't compiled/configured PHP with MySQL-support. You might have MySQL installed, but you have to tell PHP to include support when you compile it.

You definitely called it; thanks for the reply. I hope this thread serves other people who run into this problem well.

If anyone else has this problem on FreeBSD, perhaps this information helps: FreeBSD provides separate ports for PHP to support MySQL functions and MySQL Improved functions. These ports, respectively, are located in /usr/ports/databases/php5-mysql and /usr/ports/databases/php5-mysqli.