Re: 1.3 teaser

like w/ the css the way it is now

Itching and scratching over here waiting for 1.3.

I'm surprised that this thread isn't more active.

Of course, no rush - it comes out when it comes out, I'm just pumped smile

-Steve

patience is a virtue ... you know wink

79 (edited by Programming-Designs 2005-11-27 09:21)

This is great. The only thing I'm worried about is potentially having to re-install and re-do all the work I've done thus far on my forums once the update is available xD

Programming-Designs wrote:

This is great. The only thing I'm worried about is potentially having to re-install and re-do all the work I've done thus far on my forums once the update is available xD

That's why I'm waiting for 1.3 and not installing 1.2.10

-Steve

I am doing the same Steve.

Thats a really silly thing to do, 1.2.10 was released because there are security flaws in previous versions. Its best to spend 30min patching the files manually than have your forum broken.

Well first id like to say nice little forum script you got here. I found this site through a friend since we where bolth looking for a small, lightweight forum software for our site.

Second, Id like to say your idea of extenshions is very good. Its currently being used on SMF forums (http://www.simplemachines.org/) and it works very well. There files are saved as xml with the same format as you. When you run the xml file via the admin interface it parses the main theme files and other correct files and edits them. then when you want to uninstall just click uninstall and it changes everything back to the way it was.

If you get this working with your forum software im sure it will boost the use up alot more. I for one would switch if you added this along with sub forums and quick post into the core code of the forum.

Keep up the great work!

^)^ DeathfireD ^)^

DeathfireD: I'm glad you like it. The extension system in PunBB is quite different from that in SMF though. SMF modified scripts and templates for you. The extension system in PunBB will not modify any files at all.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

85 (edited by DeathfireD 2006-02-16 18:46)

oh, I was under the impreshion that this did the same thing as SMF. Well this should be better then if you finish it and people make mods under this new system.

^)^ DeathfireD ^)^

Whats the current 1.3 from subversion looking like? still can't figure out how to download from that damn thing lol

Is it usable?

Sure don't mean to bug ya smile  but a couple of us have an integration extension planned & am really anxious to get going on that. Still have a couple other projects waiting too.

Thanks a bunch

GregK wrote:

a couple of us have an integration extension planned & am really anxious to get going on that.

Hehe, word... I'm checking this forum several times a day just because I really want to get going on my own project... But that's the way to cookie crumbles.

Aftonbörsens skapare. Var med och starta något roligt och stort du med!

Under no circumstances should you even think about using the files currently on subversion. After the next commit maybe, but certainly not now.

lol, OK smile

I'm doing a total re-skin for one, so markup/css wouldn't matter for that one.
Was your remark markup/css related or core?

Thanks Paul

Both

Rickard wrote:

I'm considering renaming what we today call plugins and call them "Admin add-ins" or something like that. The term plugins is misleading since they don't really "plug into" anything.

Why not "Admin add-ons"?

[img]http://www.chemicalfusion.net/jords/eddieb.jpg[/img]

Well, why not add-ins? smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Looks very nice Rickard smile

Is there a Trac (or Trac-like) interface for the 1.3 repository? Even if we don't get estimates of when 1.3 will be done, it would be nice to see what milestones need to be completed and when progress is made on them.

http://dev.punbb.org/timeline
You can see commits for both the trunk and 1.3

http://dev.punbb.org/browser/branches/punbb-1.3-dev/
And there's 1.3 itself

So there hasn't been any progress since November 20?

There haven't been any commits to subversion since November 20th which is a totally different thing.

Well then WTF is the point of having trac, or subversion? Is there anything up to date?

Also, I know trac has a feature where it generates a zip file of a certain version of a branch for download, but this one doesn't seem to offer it. Basically, I'd like to play around with 1.3, so where can I get a copy?

The reason subversion is not updated is because there are substantial changes to all the files which are interdependent. There is no point in updating bits at a time as it would be completely non-functional until the board wide changes were completed.

100 (edited by Thinine 2006-02-26 07:32)

Well yeah, but 3 months? Must be a hell of a patch.

Edit: Sorry if I'm sounding like a dick on my first day. I just hate silence from developers, and I like to have as much information as possible.