Topic: unable to write config cache file?

Hey, I had pun BB installed and working pretty perfectly on my computer. Deciding it was time for my site to go live, I basically moved all the files from the localhost on to the remote host, corrected the config file for the correct settings, and did an export of the sql for the data and structure of the database and imported into a database on the remote host. Im not sure how correct or not correct to do it it was, since its intergrated with my website, for some reason I didnt feel like running the install.
At the moment, the base URL is incorrect, since its still set for the local host. However hwen i try to change it I get... 

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to write configuration cache file to cache directory. Please make sure PHP has write access to the directory 'cache'.

What do I do. I guess its something to do with permissions but I dunno what to do!!

Re: unable to write config cache file?

chmod your cache directory to 777.

oh thank you so  much :-D mind if i huggle you? *huggles*

Same thing here, only slightly different.
I have 2 instances of punbb 1.2.10 running on the same server, one runs without any glitches but the other constantly reports Error: Unable to write configuration cache file to cache directory. Please make sure PHP has write access to the directory 'cache'.
Both cache directories are 777 and inside these the files are chmoded 644 it will work on one instance but not on the other until I chmod the files to 777 in that faulty directory. Strange, any idea why ?

delete all files inside your chache folder.

thanks Mark,

that did it !