Topic: Customized Forum

You can choose : Style, Language, and things like that to the selected forum...

Dan, (Official, i hope :D) PunBBHeb Translator.

Re: Customized Forum

It never ends.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Doesn't seem very important to me.

-

Piggymon wrote:

Doesn't seem very important to me.

But it's important for a guy like me. Or for multiple Language support forums... and no - it never ends big_smile. What about the Remote Avatars?! This is better than Uploading them!

How could it possibly be better than direct uploading? If you wanted to use a remote avatar, you would first have to upload that image to a server and then link to it.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

it would be better so your server does not get bogged down with avatars lol, if 1000 people all upload their avatar to your server its gonna use some space....

To put things in perspective, I just checked the avatar directory at www.sweclockers.com (where I'm a moderator). It contains 4464 avatars (the board has 25000 members) and they take up a total of 24 MB of space. If you have 25000 users and 4464 avatars, the least of your problems is harddrive space :)

i dont have 24mb of space for avatars....

That may be, but then again, you don't have 25000 members in your forum. When you have, 24 MB of space will not be an issue. Trust me :)

i wish i had that many members.

Yeah, don't we all :)

I still think that Remote Avatar is better then uploaded one... Rik, please connect to the ICQ becuase i need to talk to u about the Hebrew PunBB Site, and I don't know how to recieve or send files via IRC.

I'll be on this weekend.

Right click the username, choose DCC-Send to send files, and to revieve you will just get a dialog, in worst case you need to allow recieving files, but if someone is in chat they know exactly what you need to write...

Remote avatars are bad, I don't trust any other servers than my own.

-

Wooty wrote:

I still think that Remote Avatar is better then uploaded one... Rik, please connect to the ICQ becuase i need to talk to u about the Hebrew PunBB Site, and I don't know how to recieve or send files via IRC.

I'll be on this weekend.

If you need to talk to me, you can find me on IRC. Connect to Quakenet and join the channel #punbb.

Kennel wrote:

Wooty wrote:

I'll be on this weekend.

If you need to talk to me, you can find me on IRC. Connect to Quakenet and join the channel #punbb.

Bah... I'll try some day soon.. ok..