Topic: removing on=load javascript causes search.php to be unreadable

I noticed that the on=load events in punBB were conflicting with my other js. punBB js just brings focus to a form element. This is what I thought. But when the on load even is removed from the body tag then search.php form elements jump to the right and become black.

This should not be because the css and html should not be dependant on js working in the browser. It should degrade without noticing.

Re: removing on=load javascript causes search.php to be unreadable

They don't. At least not for me. I just tried disabling Javascript and I can't see anything wrong with the page.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

It is more likely that in removing the onload the body tag has got mangled which is whats causing the page to breakdown. I can't really tell you without a link to the site. Removing the javascript does not in itself cause any layout problems. PunBB does not rely on javascript for presentation at all so the question of things degrading nicely doesn't really arise.

Here is the test forum.
http://www.hivemindz.com/forum/index.php

This actually has nothing to do with PunBB and certainly nothing to do with javascript. Its a straightforward integration problem so I'm moving this from Bug reports to the integration forum.

The <form> tag for PunBB's search page has an id of #search. Your site stylesheet contains this
#search {
  margin: 0;
  padding: 0;
  float: right;
  width: 200px;
  background-color:#000000;
}

That would tell PunBB's search form to float right with a width of 200px and a black background which is exactly what you are getting.

Thanks! I thought that I had removed all search css references. I tried the whole thing without the css that particular file but I must have placed it back when I drag and dropped the other modified file.