Topic: Help me mod a design

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7355/forumscreen2wy.jpg
Well first i want a header to go onto the top, to match my current site, how can i create a table to do that?

Then see how the background gets between the tables, where would i put a table to go behind that so it would be white?

Main
Forums
Future

2 (edited by CableGuy 2005-12-17 10:01)

Re: Help me mod a design

For the matching header question, try this out and see if it helps.

As for the background question, just change the color in your style/imports/name_cs.css file.  It will be near the top and duly labled, erm, background. smile

BODY {BACKGROUND-COLOR: #FFFFFF}

CableGuy wrote:

For the matching header question, try this out and see if it helps.

As for the background question, just change the color in your style/imports/name_cs.css file.  It will be near the top and duly labled, erm, background. smile

BODY {BACKGROUND-COLOR: #FFFFFF}

No I don't want the background to be white, i know css but what i need to know is how I can make a table to go under the forums that would be white.

I want to add the header so it appears on every page no matter what mod.

Main
Forums
Future

I got the background working just by creating a background image with CSS, but i want to know how to add a custom header to the site.

Main
Forums
Future

addicted68098 wrote:

I want to know how to add a custom header to the site.

I had a feeling I missed the mark with the background, oh well.  The link in my reply shows the technique to change the header.  I'm still playing with mine to match it up with what I have but I am using something like...

/* 1.1a Header mods */

/* header logo */
#brdtitle H1
{
  /* your logo and position */
  background-image: url(../../img/your_logo.png); /* point at the image to use */
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
  background-position: left; /* you set your logo position here */
  padding-right:0px;
  padding-left:0px;
  height:80px;
  background-color: #339999;
  text-align: right;
}

/*header title*/
#brdtitle H1 span
{
  /* your font style */
  font-size: 20px; /* title size */
  padding:20px;
  font-family: georgia, sans-serif;
  text-decoration: underline; /* decoration: none, overline */
}

hth,
Mark

// START SUBST - <pun_title>
$tpl_main = str_replace('<pun_title>', '<h1><span>'.pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_config['o_board_title']).'</span></h1>', $tpl_main);
// END SUBST - <pun_title>

// START SUBST - <pun_desc>
$tpl_main = str_replace('<pun_desc>', '<p><span>'.$pun_config['o_board_desc'].'</span></p>', $tpl_main);
// END SUBST - <pun_desc>

would i be able to replace these lines in the header .php file with xhtml? Without any problems?

Main
Forums
Future