Topic: Edit main forum url from file but not from web :/

Hi
I can't now edit main forum url in admin/options by web. It is hard to explaine but I really can't do it. So, can I do it by this way: edit some file in my comp and reload it on server . If I do, wich file I need to change a bit?

Re: Edit main forum url from file but not from web :/

Seriously, edit the forum by web. For some reason it sounds to me like you don't have admin access, but you have access to the webserver and you want to sabotage.

-

Piggymon wrote:

Seriously, edit the forum by web. For some reason it sounds to me like you don't have admin access, but you have access to the webserver and you want to sabotage.

))
it is very funny.
I told true. My problem is run by redirect, I have domen redirect (not dns), wich i was wrote like base url but now then I enter in this url I have no permission (this because of redirect).
I ask help and you call me hacker sad

As far as I know the value of the base url is stored in the options table of the PunBB database not in a file. The short answer is to alter it just edit the database entry.

I've got domain redirect as well, no problems...

Well just delete the database, install PunBB again and type the correct Base URL this time? Besides, since when did changing base URL require the correct base url?

-

Run the query:

UPDATE options SET base_url='http://bla.bla.bla/bla';

Note: If you entered a database prefix when installing PunBB, you will have to prefix the table name with that. I.e. bla_options

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Thanks to all! I have permission again now!

to Kennel: I can't use shell string (I try to do something but I don't know is it or something else make me admin again).
I insert this string, wich Kennel told me, in install.php, reload it on server and run. So, there was some error - as I remember - parser error or something else, i don't know. Then I reload again on server normal install.php and then I run it he told, that base alredy criated and go to index.php (like anytime before then I restarting install.php).

So, I dont know by what but then I was enterd as admin next time, and write correct url in admin/options my changes was saved!!! Halleluyaa!!!!!

Ps. thanks to all, and... I need to read some books wink

You shouldn't have entered that query in install.php. You should have run it manually agains the database with the mysql client or through some graphical admin interface (i.e. phpmyadmin). Glad it worked out anyway :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

metsiv11 wrote:
to Kennel: I can't use shell string (I try to do something but I don't know is it or something else make me admin again).

yes I guess smile I just was not sure that I do all right, thats why I start to paste this string everywhere :^). So, I still can't use shell, this interface wich I was use I use only intuitive.