Topic: disallowed usernames

Hi,

I'd like to make a list with disallowed usernames. Maybe someone can help me about this.

Thanks.

Re: disallowed usernames

u could add them to the censor list in the admin control panel, and this excludes registering on the board with those words (usernames)

Thank You.

What about disallowing usernames that aren't censored words?  For example, if someone were running a message board about a popular movie, book, game, etc and didn't want people registering as the author's name, characters, etc?

Thanks,
Ct

It takes about three seconds for an admin to change a member's username in the event of a name conflict. I can't imagine any situation where a separate list for usernames would save any time.

ghotistix wrote:

It takes about three seconds for an admin to change a member's username in the event of a name conflict. I can't imagine any situation where a separate list for usernames would save any time.

It might not save time, but it doesn't seem to be good policy to let someone register with a username, then change it.  Oh well, I'll just register a bunch of accounts with the names I want to avoid.

Ct

Why not just ban the names, using the ban feature in PunBB? Sure, they'll be able to register, but they'll never be able to post using the account wink

CodeXP wrote:

Why not just ban the names, using the ban feature in PunBB? Sure, they'll be able to register, but they'll never be able to post using the account wink

In fact, you could register the names yourself, so nobody can take them.