Topic: My avatars even don't upload

Then I upload avatars, they going into avatars-folder in ftp, but then I upload all avatars from ftp to my computer (to see  avatars for test) and opening it by ACDSee, I even dont see avatars. Resume: Actually they don't upload on server, only file-names (1.gif, 2.gif, ...) but not files-images!
Where is my problem?

Re: My avatars even don't upload

Could I perhaps get the URL to your forums, so I can try?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

http://hti.h10.ru/forum
all .php and .tpl have 644
all folders have 755
look please
just register and I will give you admin access to look my problem

Hmm, when I try to upload an avatar it says "The file you tried to upload is wider than the maximum allowed 60 pixels.". The image IS 60x60. Have you made any changes to profile.php?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Now you admin too. I was not do changes in file. To be sure on 100 % I was re-upload profile.php from archiv "punbb1.0.1" again

Honestly, I have no idea. I tried uploading a really small image and it still said it was wider than 60 pixles. The host you are using must be screwed somehow. The fact that the load averages are "10.21 9.32 6.97" should be reason enough to change host :)

Kennel, could you say, what chmod must be have avatar-image (exampl - 1.jpg) in folder img/avatars on server, to be normal shown in forum?

and what attribute script assigns by default for avatars or it is depend of hosting?

Well, it all depends on your setup. Who runs the webserver and who owns the directories. Try chmodding the avatar directory to 777.

There is decision!
I was ask this qwestion to my hosting support and describe all problem.
Support told me that I need to make in folder where profile.php located a one file - .htaccess with this content:
------clipboard start-----
CharsetRecodeMultipartForms Off

<Files profile.php>
CharsetDisable On
</Files>
------clipboard end-----

and everything working now!!
So if somebody has similar problem may be you can do this like I was do.

I'm glad it worked out. Will try to keep this in memory if someone else has similar problems.