1 (edited by gil 2006-01-25 23:49)

Topic: share topic between two forums (several entry points to same topic)

I would like to "share" topic between several forum (*). Is it possible as basic function in punbb? (I did not found). It seems to be easy, as this kind of function exists after a topic transfer (if the link is keeped). I'd like to have the same function, without the "moved:" prefix. Is it a basic function in others forums? (no, no, I don't want to give Punbb up wink)
May be a "feature request" if this facility doesn't exist?

(*) For example: we have a specific "ancient sci-fi" forum, and a specific "sci-fi for young people" one. If a topic concerns ancient sci-fi for young people, It could be convenient to have an access point to the topic from both forums.

Re: share topic between two forums (several entry points to same topic)

No, it doesn't exist (other than as a "Moved" thing, which is really a topic in one forum with a topic that redirects to it in another forum)
You can check out how it's done and possibly modify it so as to have 2 different modes: Moved and a "shared" type thing like you want

Im pretty sure there is a mod for global topics, or something similar to this.

Reines wrote:

Im pretty sure there is a mod for global topics, or something similar to this.

I did some search without results, but maybe not with an adequate pattern. It seems to me very strange to be the first person to ask something like this. Is the need to share topic so seldom and fancy? Another need can be for example to have the same sticky message in several forums.

Smartys wrote:

No, it doesn't exist (other than as a "Moved" thing, which is really a topic in one forum with a topic that redirects to it in another forum)
You can check out how it's done and possibly modify it so as to have 2 different modes: Moved and a "shared" type thing like you want

Thanks, I thought too, but I wanted to be sure it does'nt exist. Now I think it's better to wait for the 1.3 version before trying to modify something...

Not sure if its what your looking for, but im sure it could be changed slightly to suit your needs.

http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=292