Topic: Possible to password protect individual forums?

New punBB user ... Wondering if its possible to create a set of forums where some forums are private (password protected and optionally hidden) and some are public. And if so, would it be possible to hide the private forums and make them only accessible via links included on protected pages within a website?

Ideally I would like to setup just a single punBB install. But I'm guessing that another way to implement my question would be to install 3 seperate copies of punBB on my server?

A sample scenario follows my signature. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,
Malcolm

Example:

Public forum 1
Public forum 2
Public forum N

Customer specific forum 1 (private)
Customer specific forum 2 (private)
Customer specific forum N (private)

Partner specific forum (private)

Re: Possible to password protect individual forums?

That's possible through user groups. Create categories (Customer Specific Category #1, for example) in administration > categories. Then create forums (in administration>forums) inside the new category. From there, add different usergroups in administration>User Groups. Then go back to administration>forums and click edit on the apropriate forum box, and use the checkboxes to specify which groups can read, view, and post in that forum.

I don't HAVE a signature, ok?

Re: Possible to password protect individual forums?

CreatureCorp,

Thanks for your help ... your post was exactly the information I was looking for (and hoping for)!

Malcolm