1 (edited by Jasoco 2006-02-02 01:30)

Topic: How do I unlock a topic?

I'm surprised I don't see a way to unlock a topic I locked. (On my forum)

Is there a way to add this in or a way to unlock the topic that I am missing somewhere?

Edit: I found a way to unlock it by Moderating a forum. But I assume there's no way to simply unlock the topic from within the topic itself?

Re: How do I unlock a topic?

Delete multiple posts
Move topic
Open topic
Stick topic

Same place as you locked it at. smile

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

It doesn't show like that for me. It stays as "Close". That's the first place I checked.

Strange. Have you modded viewtopic.php at all?

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

I have. But not that I can think would change that. Isn't that part in the footer anyway?

Jasoco wrote:

Isn't that part in the footer anyway?

Ahh, I guess so. Oops.

7 (edited by Jasoco 2006-02-02 02:04)

Well, actually the only thing I can think of is the "Active Topics" mod I installed in the ViewTopic page. It comes after the Quick Reply and before the footer. I bet that's the problem. I'll have to figure out how to pass the state around the ViewTopics file.

Edit: Yep. That's it. Okay.. so what variable needs to be passed to the footer to make it work again?

I'm assuming the Active Topics file I used has a conflicting "Locked/Open" variable with the same name. So when it loads a list of active topics it's using the "Locked/Open" state of the last topic in the list. So my question is what variable does the footer use to display whether it's opened or closed? Guess I'll go look.

Okay. I think I have fixed it. Seems both the Footer.php file and the Active Topics MOD I used both had the same "cur_topic" variable. I just changed the "cur_topic" in the Active MOD to "cur_topic_act" and all is well.

Problem solved!