Topic: PunBB reported: Unable to connect to MySQL server.

Hello,

I was trying to install PunBB and after filling out all the information for the initial install.php screen I clicked Start Install and was shown the following error message.

An error occured on line 58 in file /var/www/punbb_mysql/include/dblayer/mysql.php.

PunBB reported: Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

I am pretty sure I have mysql working properly because I installed php4-msql through apt-get and restarted apache afterwards. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks, Evan

Re: PunBB reported: Unable to connect to MySQL server.

That is a problem with your MySQL setup, nothing to do with PunBB. However what the actual problem is, i don't know.

Re: PunBB reported: Unable to connect to MySQL server.

Hmmm, I am not sure where to go with this. So if it a MySQL problem then what is making the problem occur? Do I need to set a permission or something? Is there a way to test and see if MySQL is working before going along with the install?

By The Way: I just finished solving a problem in post http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=10463 where I needed to restart apache after installing the php4-mysql package which allowed support for mysql to php. Could there still be something wrong here? If any one has an idea or another place to ask for help that would be great.

Thanks, Evan