Re: PunBB or not PunBB ?

kiefer wrote:

Soon I will release the first version of the Revo Blogging System.

Key features

# ?  Static pages - Create and manage static pages.

# ?  Menu - Customizable menu.

# ?  Flexible CSS markup - Applies to W3C standards.

# ?  Multi-langual interface - You can easily translate reBlog into your language, or download language files from here.

# ?  Censoring - Ability to censor certain words. This can also be used to hilite words.

# ?  Post archive - Posts are automaticly organised into the archive. This can easily be disabled.

# ?  Blocks - reBlog comes with a variety of blocks. These blocks can easily be enabled/disabled and positioned to match your needs. You can also easily add custom blocks (requires some basic HTML knowledge though).

# ?  Calendar - Posts are automaticly assigned to the calendar.

# ?  Easy to customize - By using templates, styles and language files reBlog becomes very flexible and integration into existing site designs made easier.

# ?  Time Zones - Support for different time zones.

# ?  Manage posts - Edit, save drafts, preview and publish your posts.

# ?  Manage images - Upload, organize and publish your images.

# ?  Multiple categories - Organise your posts into different categories to keep your blog structured.

# ?  Formatting using BBCodes - reBlog makes use of BBCodes which are often used by forums and very easy to learn.

# ?  Syndication using RSS Feeds and/or plain HTML (XHTML 1.0 valid) - Applies to the RSS 2.0 specifications.

# ?  Trackback and trackback ping - Applies to Six Apart's trackback specifications.

# ?  Search - Let your visitors search for posts in your post database.

# ?  User comments - Users can leave comments on specific posts (the comments can even be formatted using BBCodes). User comments can also be disabled.

# ?  XHTML 1.0 Strict - Applies to W3C standards.

# ?  URL rewriting - Support for URL rewriting using mod_rewrite (Apache only) for user friendly URLs.

52 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2006-02-13 19:22)

oh, just go through the styles.. they all are the same as the sBlog styles.

damn flood prevention.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

53 (edited by Smartys 2006-02-13 19:48)

roflmao

[I love] you [guys] smile
Dedicated from Kiefer to all your idiot community.
The reBLog was up just to prove my point ... so ... just [shove] off .. you cannot touch the Binary ARTS team.
It's bedtime for you.

Edits are mine wink

This guy is either smart or very stupid. But he's right about one thing ... once he got onto a payed server .... there is nothing we can do. No company would loose a customer based on some emails we can send to them. This is really bad.

Hehe, apparently you guys are hackers:

kiefer wrote:

Due to some problems we had with the last hosting provider, I decided to switch to a dedicated server I have purchased today, so there will be no more problems. Also, the provider of the hosting informed me of some report existing for the new server, but I explained kindly the situation with the "hackers", so, he understood everything and assured me of his support. Do not try to do this anymore, it's futile.

big_smile

Bradyn wrote:

Totally different.

You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Well, has Paul already said,
Should not we wait Rickard reaction before doing anything ?

Apupv wrote:

Well, has Paul already said,
Should not we wait Rickard reaction before doing anything ?

Rickard's writing an email right now. smile

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Quite. My experience is one official and verifiable complaint is often the best way of getting results, more people getting in on the act can dilute the effect. I also can't help thinking that given the number of people who seem to have deployed his forum (actually our forum) this could be a mountain out of a mole hill scenario.

Serpect wrote:

This guy is either smart or very stupid. But he's right about one thing ... once he got onto a payed server .... there is nothing we can do. No company would loose a customer based on some emails we can send to them. This is really bad.

Thats completly wrong. No host is willing to deal with lawsuits that can cost thousands, bad publicity, and the potential loss of multiple customers, to keep a single customer who is only paying ~$100 a month. This is especially true if the person has already payed (No refunds for policy breakers is usually how dedicated providers work).

Also its important to note, that the dedicated is probably hosted in a data center somewhere, and its doubtfull he bought directly from the datacenter but instead a third party with a block of servers in the datacenter. And from personal experience hosts tend to act swiftly when they are pressured by the data center.

From what I've been told he is currently self hosting (His ISP has been contacted), but when he moves over to the dedicated, The first thing I will do is email both his provider, and his providers provider (Given that they exist), and I doubt he will remain up long. Especially after my lawyer starts calling them, it will be just like BerliOS.

I enjoy pie :)

BTW: A look a the polices document for Google AdSense which forms part of their terms and conditions is also instuctive for those of a legalistic disposition.

Stealing the PunBB source code, rebranding it and applying some non-GPL compliant license to it is one thing. What I don't get is why these people informed us of the breach. The name bodhisattva is in pretty much all the source files and his e-mail here in the forums is the one on the disabled Berlios account. Serpect is the same person (well, at least they're on the same IP).

Oh well. I'll e-mail the guy and ask him what's up. There's no need for you guys to go all vigilante. Let me talk to him first.

Edit: Those of you who have had your mods "stolen" are of course free to take any action you want. It has nothing to do with PunBB.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Mediator wrote:

Especially after my lawyer starts calling them

Why would you have a lawyer, your like 18?

63 (edited by Argyle 2006-02-13 20:46)

Hello bodhisattva, or is Serpect your preferred nick.
I wonder, whats the purpose of this boogus?
It looks "a little" insane to all of the adult people around.

On a sidenote: no power to drugs.

One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say.
~ Will Durant (1885 - 1981)

Oops.
There is my invitation mod...
This guy really rocks smile

The German PunBB Site:
PunBB-forum.de

Hey !
He also took Rickard's joke !
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/3928/tr8gj.png
tongue

66 (edited by Tobi 2006-02-13 20:59)

Let's see how things evolve.
Since this guy couldn't even develop a decent brain let alone a pice of software by himself he has no choice but go on stealing.
So he'll have to steal 1.3. again. That will keep him busy for a while tongue

The German PunBB Site:
PunBB-forum.de

Newest registered: Elzar

That's not me. Own up, who is slandering my good name?!

And your avatar tongue
I'd assume it was him wink

I've been in contact with the the Revo Forum people and we will try to work this out in private. Please don't take any action on PunBB's part (for example registering to post rants in their forums). I'm closing this topic for now. If anything comes up that I think is something that might be of interest to the community, I will post it.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."