Topic: Removing Attachment Mod Files

I'm running 1.1.5
I know I should update and I sure want to update but there are a couple of mods installed which are absolutely neccessary for my site and, I must admit, I've been struggling getting to grips with updates while retaining installed mods.
One of these is the Attachment mod.
I've set up a couple of test forums using punbb upgrades and Attachment mod upgrades while I tried to sort things out. Problem is this:
I can delete all files from the test forums except attachment directories which are;
upload/...
attachments/cde/...
depending on which version I had installed. I am unable to chmod to enable me to delete these (can chmod any other file but not these).
PLEASE can anyone tell me how I can get rid of these files

I've been down so long it's beginning to look like up..

2 (edited by Frank H 2006-02-17 22:36)

Re: Removing Attachment Mod Files

my mod on 1.1.* didn't use files on disk, perhaps it was the upload mod you used?

either way, you can probably use the php chmod function to chmod folders of your liking...

<?php
chmod("upload/somefile", 0777);  // octal; correct value of mode

there's also some recursive stuff at the php manual page, if you look at the comments
http://se2.php.net/manual/en/function.chmod.php

(in the next version of my mod I'll let people choose during install what chmod to set, 750 seems not to be good enough for a bunch of people ... )

(or you could use chown() to chage user, or unlink() to remove files, all those have good instructions in the PHP Manual pages)