Topic: Manual activation?

Is there a manual activation mod? You know, when people register, an admin has to confirm them before being able to see the boards at all?

If not, I ask anyone to do it. I need that mod for my forum which is invite-only, and repeatedly switching on and off registrations is a pain.

Re: Manual activation?

There is an invitation mod, you can get it at http://punres.org. Or you can get the User adminiistration plugin http://punbb.org/downloads.php and add the users manually.

Invitation mod is not what I want. I want what Stasis wants. When someone registers they get an email saying need to be activated before getting on the boards, The admin gets an email saying there is a new registrant and then clicks the link to view the member's details (email, IP, name) and has the option of banning, deleting, or activating the account with an email that is sent to the new registrant.

SMF does this...

Yes, I know, PunBB is meant to be small and simple, but this is one feature that I would like to see. I have been to the punres.org site and find it funny that people are modifying a simple forum that was meant to be simple.  Some of these mods that people are creating are already included in other software.

I would like a calendar, I had one in SMF, but looking at what one has to do with installing the one from punres.org, I said forget it. The reason I left SMF, I want a forum to work with little code tweaking on my part--I am too busy doing other stuff.

-peace

ariapictures wrote:

I have been to the punres.org site and find it funny that people are modifying a simple forum that was meant to be simple.  Some of these mods that people are creating are already included in other software...

The reason is that a lot of people want a simple forum plus one or two extra features. The end result is still lighter than a forum that has those one or two features built in but also has a dozen other features they didn't want.

Off topic...

Paul wrote:

The reason is that a lot of people want a simple forum plus one or two extra features. The end result is still lighter than a forum that has those one or two features built in but also has a dozen other features they didn't want.

Spot on Paul...

This is why I love "PunBB".

I see, so I grab the extra mods / features I want without having any of them I do not want...

Very nice. Now if they could have them all on an install and you choose the features you want to have beyond the basic install...