Topic: Football (soccer) enthusiasts?

Firstly, I do love coming back here. Anytime I visit I get inspired to do something new. However, this time I had the inspiration before I came here.

I'm just guaging interest in support for a football-orientated website with a difference. Without giving too much away, I think its about time there was a decent website that actually looked a bit deeper at football matches, and how tactics won or lost a match.

Any reports you read in the paper or hear from pundits are usually superficial at best, completely inaccurate at worst.

Seeing as its got a major fanbase across the world I think my idea of a user-contributed discussion would be very useful, but without the detailed web design knowledge of a complex backend and database design, I'm kind of stuck at first base.

If anyone wants to discuss this with me just drop a message or email. I've got a pretty clear idea of what I think it should be and if someone is interested I'm confident they'd agree that the sort of site I'm suggesting certainly fills a niche in the football site community.

Re: Football (soccer) enthusiasts?

Joey wrote:

I'm confident they'd agree that the sort of site I'm suggesting certainly fills a niche in the football site community.

That depends. There are countless 'football forums' out there, and I don't know of anyone that would be interested in talking pure tactics...

pundits are usually superficial at best, completely inaccurate at worst.

We all agree on that. Maybe pundit-bashing could be a part of it...