Topic: Bulk import new members

It would be nice to be able to bulk import (from a csv or text file?) a few hundred new members - along with username/password/email. It would be so usuful for educational sites - when hundreds of new members have to be added at the same time.

Re: Bulk import new members

Yes. I Use PunBB for teaching and this is a big pain at the beginning of each semester. Also, one should be able to automatically assing members to a group upon import.

I also suggest offering the ability to perform batch operations in the user list. There should be check boxes next to each user, and the option to perform operations on all checked users, including adding them to a group.

Sounds like a Plugin to me wink Maybe just an addon to the user management plugin, import from text file, import from csv and mass mangement

I would LOVE to see this implemented!!!!!

This could be a nice addition to my plugin for batch group assignment.

elbekko, would you mind if i added your batch group assignment code to my user management plugin along with these extra ideas? I think it would be best for everyone if all the user management stuff was in 1 plugin rather than lots of little ones.

I wouldn't mind, no smile As long as you put me in as co-author smile

Any news on the development of this mod?

I've been doing some other things lately, but started working on it again smile

The plugin

Does that satisfy your needs?

11 (edited by snoogly 2006-03-30 21:24)

GREAT!!

There is a small problem, when I open the plugin section of the Admin panel I see this error message:

Notice: Undefined index: E-mail setting info in ....

It refers to this line in the Signup.php file:

<p><?php echo $lang_batch_register['E-mail setting info'] ?></p>

However, it did seem to work, in spit of the error message.

Is it possible to include passwords in the batch registration process too?

Passwords are generated and sent to the user wink

And, eh, that's odd... I guess I forgot it in the language file roll I'll update it smile

Thanks for this:) Great help!!!