Topic: Friend has trouble logging in

Hi everybody--

This isn't a punbb problem, I'm trying to help my friend troubleshoot her computer.

When she logs into my punbb forum, she gets the message that login is successful, but when she is redirected to the home page, she is no longer logged in.  I tried logging in with her username and password, and it worked fine.

My first thought was, it must be a cookie problem in her browser.  So we checked all her security settings (in IE6), added my URL to her allowed sites, and to her trusted sites list in her antivirus program (McAfee I think).  But it still doesn't work.

Here's the weird part..  I asked her to check it in Firefox, and it still didn't work.  So I think it must be something in Windows that's interfering with the cookies.  I'm a Mac user so I don't know much about troubleshooting Windows. 

Do you have any ideas how I might help her with this problem?

-Starshiner

Re: Friend has trouble logging in

Is it by any chance in a framed environment? It's odd that it doesn't work in firefox either, because the frames issue only happens in IE to my knowledge.

No, not in frames..

It's odd then :S

Does she have any anti-spyware software installed?

I don't know, elbekko..  I imagine she might.  What should I tell her if she does?

Check if any cookie-management features are on and turn those off smile

ok, thanks elbekko!

8 (edited by Daniel29 2006-03-04 15:08)

I have the same problem when trying to logon with Firefox.
www.miljonhemsidan.se/forum

Edit: btw..its a swedish forum