Topic: I will pay someone to create an email post mod

Hello,
  Here is the deal. I (and quite a few more users) need a mod that will email the entire group when a new topic is posted. Thus far the broadcast to admin plug-in and a few email digest come somewhat close to what I need. However, I only want to email the group when a new topic is posted. My users can then go to the website and decide if they want to 'subscribe' to the topic.

I do understand that I can have my users subscribe to rss feeds, but this solution does not compliment my needs. The reason being, recieving the email will solve step one of the process. Eventually I would like to be able to faciliate correspondence via the website or through email posts.

But before we take over the world via PUNBB, I will be more than happy to work out a decent price for a mod that will offer a subscriber optional feature to recieve an email when a new topic is posted. 

Lastly,  I plan to donate the completed code with full credit to the author to PUN's mod section. Because I think I is sorely needed.

looking for replys

Re: I will pay someone to create an email post mod

Hi,

Have you seen this mod: http://mxsoft.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=37

Could be useful as a basis for your mod or you could use it just like it is.

Yes,
  I've reviewed Mail Bridge. However, at this time it looks like there are a few bugs that still need to be worked out and while its I does not quite get me to my solution. I'm always very concerned when implementing anything to do with email as it such a critical information tool nowadays. I'd hate to get it wrong.

but thank you for the suggestion.

So, you want a subscribe to an entire forum?

5 (edited by needexpert 2006-02-28 20:22)

Yes and no,
     The problem with subscribing to the entire forum using the same logic as subscribing to a topic is that every message that is sent would be emailed out.

What I am looking for is an email message that will be sent out to the group(s) when a new topic is created. However, once a user recieves that email, they should use the normal 'subscribe to this topic' functionality to track any more correspondence regarding this topic.

bottom line ... I am looking to implement the following pseudo-code.

if($new_topic_posted_to_forum){
   notify_groups($groups_array)
}

hope this is clear.

Ah, I see smile Well, i think it could be easily done, but my hands are still recovering from my last punBB project, so I'll look at it tomorrow. Anyone else may beat me to it tho tongue

cool. thanks for the consideration.

Good news, it's working smile I've made two functions, one to check who needs to receive mails and one to send it smile Now, my question is, do you want an admin plugin to administer which groups are subscribed to which forum, or... ?

yes. that would be great.

Ok, I'll get on it smile

thanks elbekko. You rock!

np, I'm bored anyways tongue

Ok, I think it's about ready smile Any extra features you'd like?

14 (edited by needexpert 2006-03-01 21:32)

Perhaps a single click that will help me lose a couple inches around my stomach. smile

Outside of that ... I think I am ready to take a look.

Ok, I'll create a readme and mail it to you smile

excellent looking forward to it.

Sent the mail smile

ran into an error. sent you an an email on it.

elbekko wrote:

Sent the mail smile

I am interested too.

Is there a chance to get a copy?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Dario

I am helping elbekko  test it right now and as soon as we can make sure there are no annoying bugs. I will be more than happy to post w/ elbekko  permission of course.

Well, it seems everything is finished. Just sent him a last fix of the admin plugin and it should be ready for public distributing.

22 (edited by Limber 2006-04-04 07:18)

I'm curious, how did this turn out?

Edit: Nevermind, found Group Forum Subscribe 1.4 smile

Aftonbörsens skapare. Var med och starta något roligt och stort du med!