Topic: Sort topics by: Alphabetical

This is a mod that has been requested quite a bit. I've seen it done for one persons specific needs but what i'm asking for is to make it a standard sorting option in each Forums "Sort topics by" menu.

Alphabetical ordering would be really useful for certain forums which have constent updating but need an easy indexing option for users to find what they need, currently there's no real option for this. My example is a tour dates forum which 'should' order the topics according to the date in the title - which it can do via using 'Topic Start' but when a new tour date is announced that needs to fit in the middle somewhere, it can't be done and that starts to throw out the order and flow - this is where an Aphabetical sorting would work wonders in keeping the order regardless of when it's modified/added to.

Can we please get a mod made up which will allow Alphabetical sorting (which starts with numbers first) be added to the Sort By drop down so it can be used on all forums or just specific ones if we wish? (i'd do it if i knew how!)

It would be a popular mod, there's plenty of need for it.
Thanks.

Re: Sort topics by: Alphabetical

Yep, need it too.

How can I add an option "sort alphabetical" into the AM module "Forums"?

My PunBB Arcade Mod & Game Packs 1-9 (update 01-06-2007):
Test and download here !

need it too wink

In viewforum.php, find the query to fetch the topics. (should be commented quite well). If not there, add an ORDER BY clause for topic names smile

This would sort all topics but I need it only for one forum.

My PunBB Arcade Mod & Game Packs 1-9 (update 01-06-2007):
Test and download here !

Then add an if statement using $fid wink