Topic: Fetch total user count

Whenever I attempt to display index.php I receive the following error:
An error was encountered
Error: Unable to fetch total user count.
What could be causing this error?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Fetch total user count

Hi there,

I installed punBB today and I never got the error about fetching the users. Did you edit any of the php files at all? Cause that may have been the problem.

No, I did not edit any of the files.  May I ask which files I would have to edit?

Enable DEBUG and try again. That should give us a little more detailed error message.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

No success, still the same error message.:confused:

from the looks of it your not getting the info from the database make sure that your password for that database is currect

No, it's correct.  This is what seems to be the problem though, I'm sure of it.  Although, all the database settings are correct.

I'm interested in the full error message. Without that, there is no way for us to help you.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

But apparently DEBUG isn't working...

Hmm, that's odd. What did you do to turn it on? And what kind of output do you get?

Exactly as the enable DEBUG tutorial said.  My output is the same as originally posted.

Do you have phpmyadmin installed? Try running REPAIR TABLE on the users table.

Sorry, my administration panel has been down for quite some time now; there's absolutely no telling when it will be back up again.  Thanks for the help though, Kennel.

Couldn't you just access mysql through SSH then?