Topic: Submit News option?

This is my next goal, is to somehow work in a Submit News option, I'm not sure if a plugin or mod has been made for this has been made, if so let me know, if something close has been done, post it and maybe I can modify it a little to do this

Heres my ideas:
Has to be a forum that allows guests to make comments (if you want guests to submit news), so you would create a forum called: News Submissions or something, you might change the options to not let anyone post replies (until the Admin or Moderater OKs it)

Although my thought is that if you disable the "read forum" option then it disables the option for someone to "Post topics" to it. So there would have to be an mod/hack to make just that forum "hidden" so that you dont have people making news submissions that everyone sees and ones that might have bad stuff in them and having a whole category full of them.

However if there was some way to make the "Post new topic" available from say your home page (not the forum index) and work with that hidden forum.

Also there'd have to be a way for admins/moderators too see how many new unapproved news submissions there are so they can approve (it then gets possibly moved to another forum called "news" and allows people to make comments to it. It should also allow the admin/moderator to edit the news submission incase they need to. But if they disapprove of it the item gets deleted.

Just ideas on how something like this should work. I'll see if anyone posts any links to something similar and if not I'll probably attempt to do this sometime later this week or so. I'm probably gonna just let those ideas sink in my mind a little more and see what others think of it wink and if its the best way or not