Topic: Installing and Running PunBB forum

Hi,

I am interested in using PunBB forums for my website. However, although i would say i am competent with basic web development skills, i have little knowledge of PHP and any scripting or programming.

Is this an issue when installing and running the forum? I am thinking about upgrading my server hosting to PHP and MySQL but do not want to spend this money without good knowledge i can install and run this forum software myself.

thanks for your patience and feedback.

Re: Installing and Running PunBB forum

The only thing you'll have to do to complete the setup is make a config file (contents are given at end of install)  wink

Ok, and please what is involved in creating a config file...

Just creating config.php, pasting the contents given and uploading it wink

5 (edited by deano 2006-04-15 20:12)

Sounds too easy.

I'm almost suspicous...

Thanks for the reply!

you'd be surprised how easy it is to install PunBB.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

you'd be surprised how easy it is to install PunBB.

I sure was when I installed it!

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

There seems to be a hell of alot of modifications that can be made to the forum.

Im just interested in what functionality you do get with the basic install. Would you say this forum we are currently using would be a good example of an 'out of the box' solution that is provided?

Cheers again..

Yeah, the PunBB forums have no mods (as far as I know) except for the ads.

I didnt know any PHP when I first start using Punbb. I only installed it because they said it was easy to install and it really was big_smile