1 (edited by Xaritix 2006-04-18 05:07)

Topic: Free Plan? (PunBB Developers Please Read)

Does PunBB have some sort of free plan for hosting, like a free subdomain for example?

Because PHPnuke offers free plans, and I was wondering if you guys offer some sort of sub-domain for free, because the www.tehsig.com forums are a PunBB sub-domain

Because it would be really cool if you did have a free sub-domain plan

And if the regular $12 hosting gives you a domain, how much do sub-domains cost? and how many can you have, and how do you make sub-domains?

And give me some of the things that the hosting offers in terms that a 16 year-old can understand

And does adding to the site require any coding?

Re: Free Plan? (PunBB Developers Please Read)

The Tehsig forums are hosted on a subdomain of their main domain, which is not run by PunBB.org.  PunBB.org does not host boards for people.

However, you can have a free PunBB-powered board with an address of YOURNAME.mypunbb.com .  MyPunBB is not affilated with PunBB.org as far as I know; it just uses the PunBB software.

mypunbb.com

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Ree wrote:

The Tehsig forums are hosted on a subdomain of their main domain, which is not run by PunBB.org.  PunBB.org does not host boards for people.

However, you can have a free PunBB-powered board with an address of YOURNAME.mypunbb.com .  MyPunBB is not affilated with PunBB.org as far as I know; it just uses the PunBB software.

What features does that include, and if it is free, I'll take the PunBB free subdomain

I need one for my clan, and my old one got hacked

Once again, PunBB does not offer free subdomains
What you linked to was someone running a copy of PunBB on their site off of a subdomain called punbb on their site.
If it was a subdomain on this site, it would have been something like tehsig.punbb.org
MyPunBB offers free forums on a subdomain, as was said. If you want to check it out, go to http://www.mypunbb.com

I already got a free forum:

www.imperialgaurd.mypunbb.com