Topic: Poll Mod Problems!

I don't know if it's useful to ask mod problems here, I'll give it a shot anyway: I've installed the Punpoll 1.0 from the PunBB Resource, as a matter of fact I've already done it TWICE to make sure I don't copy-paste something wrong... what I get is: nothing! I can view my forum's first page but when I try to click ANY of my topics or posts, I see a completely white blank page. Anyone seen that before with this mod? I'm using PunBB 1.0.1 and downloaded the Modfiles from PunBB Resource, also the install instructions.

2 (edited by chacmool 2003-10-24 09:51)

Re: Poll Mod Problems!

Hmm, seems weird. I've never experienced this problem sad
Have you tried with PunPoll v1.1?

Edit: I think it's better to ask questions in the PunPoll-mod topic btw...

3 (edited by Scriptweaver 2003-10-24 11:35)

What are the differences between 1.0 and 1.1 actually? And by the way, coming to think of it, I should anyway see SOMETHING when I install the Poll mod, either 1.0 or 1.1, not? I don't see a damn thing, just a white blank page. And when I re-upload the original files viewtopic.php and viewforum.php (just those two) my forum is back. So there (I assume, I'm not that of a great coder) should be something wrong in viewtopic.php of viewforum.php. I guess it's viewtopic.php, since I can view my actual forum's first page when I install the mod.

Edit: see -> http://www.unixcore.com/~dennis/punbb/index.php

Oh, the old "blank page". It's very annoying. What you have to do is to find out where the scripts exists by putting exit('blabla'); a little here and there and then removing them one by one.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

5 (edited by chacmool 2003-10-24 13:37)

Scriptweaver wrote:
What are the differences between 1.0 and 1.1 actually?

The "major" thing is the "gust post poll permission"-setting, but I think I fided some other issues to. For example, the "echo <<<EOF"-thing someone hade problem with.

I have now installed the mod from scratch myself, and it works fine.

Scriptweaver: Could you send me your viewtopic.php so I can take a closer look at it?

I've sent it, check your email plz smile

Thanx for so much help!

Ohh, my first non-spam-mail to that adress for months big_smile

9 (edited by chacmool 2003-10-25 00:02)

Bad news... it wasn't the viewtopic.php sad
Must be something else... maybe a database problem.

Edit: Probably no db-problem either...

10 (edited by Scriptweaver 2003-10-25 11:22)

Kennel wrote:

Oh, the old "blank page". It's very annoying. What you have to do is to find out where the scripts exists by putting exit('blabla'); a little here and there and then removing them one by one.

I have to do what exactly?

Chacmool: I'd think it's weird being something else but viewtopic.php, since when I replace that file with my original PunBB 1.0.1-file everything is back... Actually I don't understand what exactly the problem is sad

It's not a problem with access rights to the files then?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Moved to the mod forum.

Access rights? You mean CHMOD? The files are 777. I don't really understand what you mean though...

Chacmool: You know what? smile I'll send you all of the files I've edited, if you'd like to take a closer look at them all, if you got time for that...

Scriptweaver wrote:

Access rights? You mean CHMOD? The files are 777. I don't really understand what you mean though...

Chacmool: You know what? smile I'll send you all of the files I've edited, if you'd like to take a closer look at them all, if you got time for that...

Sure, just pack em and send it to me.

I've lookad at them, worked just fine for me. It must be a weird database problem then...

...and so I can't do anything about it? Very strange, a database problem sad Anyone else a suggestion?

Scriptweaver: You have to determine where in the script the execution stops. You do that by putting exit('blabla'); or something similar in a few places and then run the script. If you see blaha on the page, you start removing the exit() calls one by one.

... in viewtopic.php you mean?

Well, you can start out with viewtopic.php. If you determine that the error lies elsewhere you have to examine the files that are included from viewtopic.php.

Kennel wrote:
Well, you can start out with viewtopic.php. If you determine that the error lies elsewhere you have to examine the files that are included from viewtopic.php.

It seems to be another problem... I've got his files, and when I replace my files with his, it works fine anyway (unless I fucked something up completely...).

My database doesn't have any exotic features to my knowledge... It's a mysql 3.23.56 server with mysqladmin 2.5.1, nothing unusual...

Chacmool: What you're suggesting is a database problem? I can send you a backup of the database right away, if that helps?

Sure, no problem.

It's gonna be fun to see what causes this smile

Got mail? I had some email problems here...

Yeah, I've got it. I have just looked at it, not tested it, and I saw nothing wrong. Have you tried v1.1 yet?

No not yet. I'll redo the whole procedure with 1.1 tomorrow and tell you what happened. Another exciting sequel in the horror tale of the white blank page big_smile