Topic: Problems with Hotmail accounts

I have many users that don´t get a mail from my punbb forum with their code to login, specially hotmail users.

Is there anything I can do ?

Thanks

Re: Problems with Hotmail accounts

Your server may be blacklisted in a spam database. Talk to your host.

Nope, never been a problem when using other forum code on the same server, must be something with punbb and hotmail.

No one else has this problem?

I had the same problem. Registration mails ended up in the spam folder in hotmail. Changing the administrator e-mail address and thus the From: field of the mails being sent out to contain an email adress with the same host/domain as the forum was running on instead of a gmail adress solved the problem for some reason.

Nope, I have that already.

I have had vBulletin installed on the same server, and there were no problem with hotmail, so it must have something to do with the mail sent. I wonder why so few people have reported this problem ?

Can I have a link to the forums to try and see the issue?

wii wrote:

specially hotmail users.

Wrong mail provider, switch to a decent one.

I'm having the same problem. No  registration emails sent to my test Hotmail account are coming through. Not even as junk.

I'm using SMTP details. No problems with Yahoo or Gmail. I have RDNS set up, but my DNS doesn't support SPF, so I can't try that option.

Link?