1 (edited by zbynek 2006-04-25 19:14)

Topic: Czech version - problems with diacritics

When you upload Czech language, you got always problem: Czech signs in messages inserted are not displayed correctly. We have tried it with more than 10 hosts, always having a problem. Coding windows-1250. May we ask Mr Sejrac of what should be a correct setup (what coding) to display the messages correctly?

2 (edited by zbynek 2006-04-25 20:00)

Re: Czech version - problems with diacritics

HEY YOU, EXPERT, MIGHT YOU HELP ME. A COUPLE OF DAYS, I TRY TO GET AN EASY ANSWER. WHEN I INSTALL THE FORUM AND ADD A CZECH VERSION (CZECH by sejrac), THERE ARE ALWAYS MISTAKES, FORUM WITH ALL CODINGS. WHAT CODing IT REALLY IS? UTF8 - NO, CP-1250 - NO, WINDOWS-1250 - NO UTF8-CZECH, NO... IS THERE ANY UNIVERSAL WAY TO MAKE FORUM DISPLAY THE MESSAGES WITH CZECH DIACRITICS OR IT'S TOTALLY A BULLSHEeT AND NON-FUNCTIONAL CZECH VERSION? I'D BETTER BELIEVE, THAT THIS IS NOT A QUESTION FOR ADVANCED EXPERTS, BUT IT SEEMS, IT IS. make it an easy way, the best way...

Why the caps?

beg yr pardon?

None of you, but I've found an advice from just one - coolhd from Taiwan: I've modified table search_words - changing from varchar to varbinary, then I had to edit file include/dblayer/common_db.php with adding $db->query ("SET NAMES 'cp1250' ") in the last line. Encoding I've changed to cp150_czech... Now we can add new posts with diacritics ?????ýáíé?. Also, old posts are displayed correctly with one exception - the sign '?' is still (old posts) displayed as '?'. But when you enter a new post it is displayed correctly. I'll try to solve this last little problem. Anyway, thanx for all, we've got to help ourselves.