Topic: Mail notification about new postings

Don't know if you like it but I think it would be useful if Admins and Moderators would receive notifications by E-Mail if a new posting was added:

* Admins get notifications for every new posting
* Moderators get same notifications but only for Forums they are a mod for

Maybe it could be also defined for all postings, postings from not registered visitors only, etc...

The reason is that not every mod is in the Forum every day and specially for the Admin it might be important to get notified if new postings was added.

Thoughts?

Cheers ~ Arne

Re: Mail notification about new postings

I'll think about it.

I think the best way would be to send to the people on the admin mailinglist. That way an admin/moderator can choose whether he/she wants to get e-mail regardless of the setting.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Yes. If I were an admin or mod and the forum I was on automatically sent me all those emails I would not be a happy moderator... It should definately be optional for the moderators and admins as well as as a forum setting.

I've given this some thought and I don't think I will add it. At least not in 1.1. Sorry :(

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."