Topic: Private Messages and Avatars didn't migrate

Hi

I ran a test migration of my phpBB board to a standard PunBB installation (latest).

I installed Private Message System (latest) and ran the migration tool (latest) but PMs and avatars didnt migrate across with accounts. I got empty PM inboxes and no avatars.

What should I expect? Should the PMs be brought across?
Should avatars be set or do i have to move the image files to somewhere?

Is there some documentation surrounding the migration tool?
(RTFM.. I know!)

Cheers

--Alan

Re: Private Messages and Avatars didn't migrate

The PM mod was updated a few months ago, so it might not be compatible with the converter. Avatars arn't migrated.

Ok that makes sense.

Who maintains the Migration tool?

--Alan

Chacmool

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Is Chacmool still active?
I've sent an email but received no reply as yet.

--Alan

You could install the old PM mod, convert, and then upgrade it.

My plan exactly! I just don't know which versions of the PM mod work with the latest version of the migration tool!

Anyone?

--Alan

I emailed Chacmol (David) and he says that he won't be updating the migration tool to keep abreast of other mods (e.g. PM Mods).
He also indicated that the migration tool hasn't previously migrated PMs. Is that true? I thought I read that you could migrate PMs.

Does anyone know a way of migrating PMs from phpBB? This is major issue for me as I want to migrate a large board 14,000+ users and I'm going to upset a lot of people if they suddenly all lose their stored PMs.

All help appreciated.

--Alan