1 (edited by n00bjabi 2006-06-02 09:40)

Topic: "Error: Unable to create user."

Out of nowhere, about an hour and a half ago, no one has been able to register. This doesn't make any sense, I haven't modified the forum in any way whatsoever. If I reinstall cleanly I can register users, but I want to keep the same database...

http://n00bjabi.com/site/punbb/upload/index.php is the page. Existing users can login, but no one else can register. Someone help!

Re: "Error: Unable to create user."

Update:

Ok, a clean install with a new table in my database will allow me to register users. So now why the hell can't new people register under the old table, called punbb1_. If I make a new table called say punbb2_ or punbb3_, people can register - but if I use my existing table they can't. What's wrong?

Enable debug mode, post the full error

I had the same problem and didnt find the problem, but i did a fresh install then just imported the old usertable into the new one and that kept all my existing member logins and new user could still login

Used the operations tab in my phpadmin panel to do it

Roger

5 (edited by n00bjabi 2006-06-02 15:27)

File: C:\site\site\punbb\upload\register.php
Line: 190

PunBB reported: Unable to create user

Database reported: Field 'xfire' doesn't have a default value (Errno: 1364)

Shit, so the xfire mod didn't work. What would I have to uninstall or revert to previous to get it working? I put back the old profile.php files into their respective directories, as well as a new register.php file. I also dropped the xfire field from the users table but I still get the same message!

It sounds like the xfire column wasn't dropped then

Thanks, that was exactly it! I dropped the wrong xfire column, I forgot to do it in the old table I was actually using, not the new one I made as a test.