Topic: Style Installation Problems

I'm trying to install this style, but it's not showing up in the drop-down menu. I tried the auto-install plugin, but I ended up with this message:

style/ is not writeable! You will not be able to install styles!
img/ is not writeable! You will not be able to install styles that uses images!
include/template/ is not writeable! You will not be able to install styles that uses templates!

Then I tried installing it manually. Unforunately, it still doesn't show up in the drop-down menu. Could someone please provide me with clear instructions on how to either :

A. Manually install styles.

B. Make the "style", "img", and "template" directories writable.

Thank You

Re: Style Installation Problems

I'll tell you how to be able to work the auto-install thing.

Go on a FTP program/cPanel, and chmod the folders style/ , img/ , and include/template to 0777 or 777.

Why need chmod 777 these folders ? I think just upload CSS file to folders style & eventually style/import. That's not enough ?.

[no signature]

4 (edited by Smartys 2006-06-12 12:10)

vnpenguin wrote:

Why need chmod 777 these folders ? I think just upload CSS file to folders style & eventually style/import. That's not enough ?.

Apparently he tried some auto-install plugin (which I haven't heard of, must have missed it). Thus, the folder needs to be writable so the plugin can add files wink
But as for why 777: because it's much eaiser to say that then to try and narrow down exactly what level of permissions is needed for that script to write to the folder in the given setup

Smartys wrote:

Apparently he tried some auto-install plugin (which I haven't heard of, must have missed it).

http://wiki.punres.org/Installing_a_Style smile

There's also a link to it in the style browser at PunRes.

Aha, I looked in the plugins forum tongue