Topic: Tournament Forum

What type of forum softwear would you suggest for a tournament forum for some sort of BF2 tournament

I need it so that there are two types of usergroups, the EU and the PLA, but each team has regular troops and a command staff, I need something where you can make specific moderator groups that only have access to their divisional forum category thing, and I don't think PunBB has that, and PHPBB is out of the question, because I hate PHPBB

What forum softwear would you suggest?

Re: Tournament Forum

When you say "only have access to their divisional forum category thing," do you mean access to read or access to moderate? If the latter is true, you should note that PunBB already allows you to specify which forums a user can moderate. If the former is true, I guess there wouldn't be much you could do until 1.3 is released, at least without some modding.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

I mean like the people who join the EU team have only access to the public forums and their divisional forums, but I mean any suggestions for any forum softwear

Xaritix wrote:

I mean like the people who join the EU team have only access to the public forums and their divisional forums, but I mean any suggestions for any forum softwear

I see.

I knew you meant any forum software, but depending on what your question was, PunBB could have fulfilled your requirements. That's why I asked for clarification.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

5 (edited by Xaritix 2006-06-28 02:40)

Oh, OK, I will either go with this or SMF, and as my community grows, vbulletin