Topic: Table "forums in use" and no access allowed to the Forum anymore...

Friends, I had this error twice so far.
While I've simply installed an backup copy last time I can't do it this time because backup is 2 weeks old or so and if I'm going to do it I'm loosing lots of credits from my visitors.

The problem is the following:

If I go to http://forum.ppcw.net It get the following error message:

Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' cannot be used twice in E:\www\ppcw.net\www.ppcw.net\forum\include\common.php on line 731

An error was encountered 
Error: Unable to fetch category/forum list.

If I check in PHPMyAdmin for the SQL DB I get for "forums" just a message called "in use".
What does it mean and how to get it fixed? I already restarted the sever but all the time the same problem. The table is in use and seems not to allow access.
Why that and why does it happen for me with PunBB only? Never seen this before with my other PHP apps I'm running on my site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I don't want to have my forum in this condition for to long nor I can use a backup as I said before... :-(

Hope anybody here can help me? BTW: It's a Win 2003 Server.

Cheers ~ Arne

Re: Table "forums in use" and no access allowed to the Forum anymore...

Okay, got it fixed with PHPMyAdmin (don't know how but got it ;-) but still wonder how/why it happens from time to time... Any ideas?

Cheers ~ Arne

Re: Table "forums in use" and no access allowed to the Forum anymore...

We've had the same problem at sweclockers.com (running vBulletin). It's been a while now though. I can't really remember how we fixed it. Try running check table on the table that is supposedly in use.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."