1 (edited by TFD 2006-07-12 15:10)

Topic: Help with the poll mod please!

I have the poll mod installed and when I make a poll it works but also shows this:

Warning: Missing argument 3 for parse_message() in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/d1acollegefootball.com/httpdocs/Forums/include/parser.php on line 375

Re: Help with the poll mod please!

Also when I create a poll it also makes you fill out a normal post so it takes up 2 lines. Is this normal? So in the forum it says:

poll: who is so and so
(topic)answer a question about who is so and so

anyone have this installed that can tell me if this is normal? Thanks!

Second thing: yes.
First thing: go to the line where you call parser.php and add ', true'

4 (edited by TFD 2006-07-11 14:14)

I dont know where I call parser. I just copied and pasted everything from the readme.txt in the poll mod. I used find on that .txt to look for parser.php and its not on there so I have no clue where to look.

I would assume that elbekko wants you to change the following line in viewpoll.php:

/Perform the main parsing of the message (BBCode, smilies, censor words etc)
    $cur_post['message'] = parse_message($cur_post['message'], $cur_post['hide_smilies']);

to:

/ Perform the main parsing of the message (BBCode, smilies, censor words etc)
    $cur_post['message'] = parse_message($cur_post['message'], $cur_post['hide_smilies'], true);

although I'm not sure. Try it, and if it doesn't work, simply change it back.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

pogenwurst wrote:

I would assume that elbekko wants you to change the following line in viewpoll.php:

/Perform the main parsing of the message (BBCode, smilies, censor words etc)
    $cur_post['message'] = parse_message($cur_post['message'], $cur_post['hide_smilies']);

to:

/ Perform the main parsing of the message (BBCode, smilies, censor words etc)
    $cur_post['message'] = parse_message($cur_post['message'], $cur_post['hide_smilies'], true);

although I'm not sure. Try it, and if it doesn't work, simply change it back.

That did it! Thanks!

7 (edited by TFD 2006-07-11 14:37)

uh oh its now off the polls but it shows up anytime I click delete on a post or poll. What am I missing now? sad

anybody?

TFD wrote:

anybody?

Try doing the same thing as above (the code should be there twice, so do it twice) in moderatepoll.php.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

umm there is a moderate_poll.php in the install folder but it does not say to upload it in the readme.txt so I dont have it installed. Should it be there?

Ok I found under the mod release thread where it says that moderatepoll should be included. I installed and looked but I only find it one time. I changed it. That did not fix it. The problem is I am getting errors when I click delete polls or REGULAR POSTS. So something has changed somewhere that doesnt effect just the poll mod. Can someone help me find what is causing this error? Thanks!

Warning: Missing argument 3 for parse_message() in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/d1acollegefootball.com/httpdocs/Forums/include/parser.php on line 375

So no one knows how to fix this error?

Just do as above, make sure that the call to parse_message() has a third argument (true)