Topic: Undisable submit after timeout

Opera browser has feature called DOM cache. It completly preserves state of page when user goes back in history.

The problem is that punBB disables submit button. Because of that user is unable to go back, correct form and re-submit, because button stays disabled forever.

Solution to this is to add timeout that activates submit button again (this must be timeout, it can't be done in onload event).

Re: Undisable submit after timeout

You could always just strip out the javascript form validation completely though... But I do see the point. Usng Opera myself as well so... wink

ideadesigners: In what scenario would you need to go back?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Well, in case of the message 'Passwords do not match. Please go back and correct.', you need to go back. wink

The same problem exists with Mozilla (Firefox).

ajank wrote:

The same problem exists with Mozilla (Firefox).

Yep, I've experienced this a few times as well, and it's been quite annoying.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Is there a way to configure the javascript so that the enabled/disabled state is linked to the error system i.e. the button is only disabled if the submit is a success.

If we can isolate the different scenarios where this happens, I might be able to add Javascript validation of the form (for example making sure the passwords match).

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

If we can isolate the different scenarios where this happens, I might be able to add Javascript validation of the form (for example making sure the passwords match).

Invalid email addresses and short usernames / passwords are a problem too.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

What would probably be better is if the system handled the form and re-presented it to the user with the errors displayed and the appropriate fields highlighted. That way, the user would be able to just change it right then and there.