1 (edited by jjmancini 2006-07-14 05:42)

Topic: I'm likin' punBB - Anyone want to create a skin?

Hey Everyone!

I have been using vbulletin and invision for quite some time, I have loved both, but they also can be VERY cluttered. So, I figured I would give punBB a chance (Thanks to dr.jeckyl and his recommendation), so far I like it a lot! But here is my predicament, I have a development team that is currently working on a project, and we have no time to create a sexy theme/skin for punBB to match our site.

So I figured I would ask and see if anyone would like to do some "pro-bono" work and design a punBB theme/skin for http://www.freeCSScart.com. In exchange, we will link back to the theme/skin creators website via a link in the footer of the forum.

So, if you are interested, please reply!

Re: I'm likin' punBB - Anyone want to create a skin?

i don't think you'll have any problem finding someone to build you a skin.

can't wait for CSScart!

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

i got bored....

http://www.6x6productions.com/pun/index.php

you can have it if you want.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

nice skin Jeckyl yikes

thanks. big_smile

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

I like it!!!

I think if I slap a simple backgound on it to lighten it up just a tad, I think it will be perefect! Thanks a bunch Dr.Jeckyl! You are the man!

Also... another question. Are there any plug-in or simple modifications that anyone would suggest adding to punBB? (Since I am new to punBB).

jjmancini wrote:

Also... another question. Are there any plug-in or simple modifications that anyone would suggest adding to punBB? (Since I am new to punBB).

what functionality are you looking for? me personaly i'm a vanilla kinda person. but PunBB is so easy to modify, anything is pretty much possible.

i'll email you the skin. do you not want it released to the public or can i post it up on punres.org?

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

What ever you decide. Since the idea of the whole thing is opensouce I say post it, but it would be cool if the theme were called freeCSScart.com theme or something.

As far as add-ons, I'm not lookin gfor anything in particular, I'm looking for some mods that a lot of people found useful and/or helpful.

jjmancini wrote:

As far as add-ons, I'm not lookin gfor anything in particular, I'm looking for some mods that a lot of people found useful and/or helpful.

Many of your users will probably appreciate Easy BBCode.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.