Topic: invisionfree vs mypunbb

what is best invisionfree or mypunbb????

PunBB, the FluxBB of tomorrow - today!

Re: invisionfree vs mypunbb

Why don't you just give each one a test drive, as they're both free? Which one works best is all a matter of your personal preferences.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

You can't compare them, they don't even host the same forum software

Smartys wrote:

You can't compare them, they don't even host the same forum software

Well, you can compare uptime, speed and how quick updates are applied.

5 (edited by Smartys 2006-07-29 17:46)

Nope, since InvisionFree also has a whole host of premium services and a whole staff of people whereas MyPunBB has just Connor and a couple mods (who can't really do anything outside of the official forum) with some ads. You can't compare the level of service expected from one person to that expected of a team of paid people tongue
InvisionFree also has a whole lot of servers: MyPunBB has 1, so uptime and speed are difficult to compare.

This is just my opinion though, I personally don't think you can compare the two sites just because they both offer free hosting of a forum product tongue

Smartys wrote:

Nope, since InvisionFree also has a whole host of premium services and a whole staff of people whereas MyPunBB has just Connor and a couple mods (who can't really do anything outside of the official forum) with some ads. You can't compare the level of service expected from one person to that expected of a team of paid people tongue
InvisionFree also has a whole lot of servers: MyPunBB has 1, so uptime and speed are difficult to compare.

This is just my opinion though, I personally don't think you can compare the two sites just because they both offer free hosting of a forum product tongue

Technically, you just compared them smile

Unfortunately im going to have to say Invisionfree. I am a PunBB supporter obviously, and not a fan of invision - however Invision has a company with an income from selling Invision licenses along with hosting and management for Invision forums. They have a number of high quality servers along with payed staff to run them - whereas MyPunBB has 1 man who runs it in his free time out of his own pocket to try help people.

8 (edited by grudon66 2006-07-29 18:36)

Reines wrote:

Unfortunately im going to have to say Invisionfree. I am a PunBB supporter obviously, and not a fan of invision - however Invision has a company with an income from selling Invision licenses along with hosting and management for Invision forums. They have a number of high quality servers along with payed staff to run them - whereas MyPunBB has 1 man who runs it in his free time out of his own pocket to try help people.

i like mypunbb bot mypunbb has a problem sad , bot mypunbb is beter,i hav Invisionfre forum Invisionfree is bad.

Jansson wrote:
Smartys wrote:

Touche tongue

Smartys wrote:
Jansson wrote:
Smartys wrote:

Touche tongue

hehe tongue