1 (edited by grudon66 2006-07-29 10:26)

Topic: Opera 9

its releaset
www.opera.com

PunBB, the FluxBB of tomorrow - today!

Re: Opera 9

Yeah, it has been released for quite a while now. And I can say it's unstable as hell for me =/

3 (edited by grudon66 2006-07-30 09:16)

for me is it unstable like the mypunbbb problem lol

elbekko wrote:

Yeah, it has been released for quite a while now. And I can say it's unstable as hell for me =/

Been rock solid for me, both on Windows & Linux. For those of you having problems though, the release of Opera 9.01 is *very* close now smile

CodeXP wrote:
elbekko wrote:

Been rock solid for me, both on Windows & Linux. For those of you having problems though, the release of Opera 9.01 is *very* close now smile

I haven't used it for much more than testing and a bit of torrent-ing, but it's been fine for me when I have used it.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

I've been using it constantly and its rock solid. Its rendering is also somewhat superior to that of Firefox 1.5 and vastly superior to earlier versions of Firefox.

it doesnt render my site correctly.  the content div always is rendered way wider than it should (and if anyone knows of a hack to make it work right, I'd be ever so greatful).  I've considered removing the stylesheet completely for opera browsers.

MadHatter wrote:

it doesnt render my site correctly.  the content div always is rendered way wider than it should (and if anyone knows of a hack to make it work right, I'd be ever so greatful).  I've considered removing the stylesheet completely for opera browsers.

With Opera, you don't need a hack to make it work right. You need to remove the hack you used to make it look right in IE. Validate your site using the tools W3C provides, that's a good start. There is both an XHTML and a CSS validator.

Aftonbörsens skapare. Var med och starta något roligt och stort du med!

the IE hack is not used (at least not for now), and even on the page which it is used, makes no difference as it has nothing at all to do w/ the classes that are causing the problem.

you should validate your page, I made a copy and went through and validated it you have many many errors which even if they aren't causing the problem would be good to fix, the problem looks like you have your width for content set to inherit, which it has nothing to inherit from other than body which doesn't have anything set, so the CSS rule is pretty much doing nothing, if you comment it out you would see the page looks the same in all the browsers, that should get you on the right track.

fixing all the xhtml bugs will require a lot of editing of stuff stored in the db (from all the source code & snippets I've posted where I didnt run it through an html encoding.

it seems that opera doesnt follow the right:10px like everybody else does (I've looked at screen shots of the site on http://v03.browsershots.org/ site that somebody linked to here the other day) and so far every other browser renders it the same (minding the "right:" style).

MadHatter wrote:

fixing all the xhtml bugs will require a lot of editing of stuff stored in the db (from all the source code & snippets I've posted where I didnt run it through an html encoding.

it seems that opera doesnt follow the right:10px like everybody else does (I've looked at screen shots of the site on http://v03.browsershots.org/ site that somebody linked to here the other day) and so far every other browser renders it the same (minding the "right:" style).

I don't think I was clear, the problem is your width property for the content section in the CSS has no effect, delete the line and you will see the browsers will look the same as if it was still there, this is because you have it set to inherit which it has nothing to inherit from so it renders the property useless, set the property to a valid value (such as a %)and the problem will be resolved

if I'm not mistaken the

right:10px;

according to css rules this should align the right most edge of the content div, at 10px to the left of the right most edge of the window, which it does in every other browser i've seen, except opera.

I don't think so, it should align it 10px to the left of any block to the right of it, not the window. The problem is there is nothing in your css which would confine the width of the container. In particular, I know that Opera is fussy in insisting that absolutely positioned elements be given widths.

15 (edited by MadHatter 2006-07-31 15:10)

according to the css spec, right is right hand offset of the containing block (which is formed by the document root).  even if I explicitly define the width of the root, it still overflows.  which is the same kind of bizare stuff IE does, which people have figured out ways to make it obey the standards.

16 (edited by grudon66 2006-08-01 14:21)

I Use Opera 9  smile