Topic: My MMA Forum

I integrated punbb into my cms system. www.ultimate-fighter.ca Punbb was a pleasure to integrate and also super simple. 30minutes and you can really do alot. Punbb deserves alot of praise.

!

2 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2006-07-26 20:59)

Re: My MMA Forum

sweet! huge UFC fan here.

is that a home grown cms or is publicly availible?

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Nicely done

was super easy to do. I really cant say enough good stuff about punbb. And yeah Dr. Jeckyl its my own custom cms built it super fast. whole site took me about 2hours.

!

Em.. man how can we get a copy of that cms? i got a friend who got a MMA going in this area and he wants a website...

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

its a custom job and ive never packaged it up. The cms admin is directly tied into punbb which was also really easy to do since punbb is so kick ass. A programmers dream punbb is. Glad you guys dig it!

!

kewl.. are you planning on releasing it?
i have did some punbb and css templates integrating before... but i like ur news blog system..
please share the wealth?
even for a small feee... i would gladly pay...

probably not since its tied into my CMS which has never been released. I dont want to support it smile Works great for me. I will possibly do some other mods for my forum though and release those for people to try out.

!

you've integrated so good !! in 1 hour I'm sure it was working. that's so good smile
I'll custimize the colours on the mine tongue

.my life's a movie, my feeling the soundtrack

Again another great bit of intergration nice work.

Thanks Kane. I am building a blog system into it so that people who register can also run and maintain a blog as well as post on the forums. I really am a big fan of punbb. It is so easy to mod to meet my needs.

!

man, all this talk about blogs makes me want to try to integrate one.. any hints? lmao.

not sure on integrating one, I am just gonna write my own. I have my own blog i am just going to modify it so forum members can also have their own blogs smile

!

Emancipator, i hope you feel generous when 1.3 comes out and "donate" some time and code. wink

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

i am more then happy to donate time and code smile I really dont put alot of time into my code.. or at least  I try not to. lol. Another super simple mod I did was keyword links. If you look on this thread you will see I made it so anytime a fighters name is mentioned in discussion that it auto-links to their profile on site. http://www.ultimate-fighter.ca/Forum/vi … php?id=235

That one I can probably release at some point since its literally just a few lines of code.

!

Emancipator wrote:

i am more then happy to donate time and code smile I really dont put alot of time into my code.. or at least  I try not to. lol. Another super simple mod I did was keyword links. If you look on this thread you will see I made it so anytime a fighters name is mentioned in discussion that it auto-links to their profile on site. http://www.ultimate-fighter.ca/Forum/vi … php?id=235

That one I can probably release at some point since its literally just a few lines of code.

that would sweet!

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

yo DR J what skinning you need done?

let me clean it up a bit and release it then. Can I just paste it here? I gotta be honest I dont have any interest in doing any packaging or read-me's lol. Its why i dont release code tongue

!

lol.. eman...  anything that we can do to help holla... i do some lightbox gallery mods and some other stuff..

quaker wrote:

yo DR J what skinning you need done?

not quite yet... we need to talk real time but i have no time today.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

otay boss man... u IM me when you get the time....

evil giggles..
Q