Re: The work continues

The list gets shorter and shorter...

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

WOW!

Doing great keep up the good work.

---------> PLEASE REMEMBER I GOT THE FIRST EVER POST OF PUNBB 1.1! <---------

Fixed a few more things today. Mostly "under the hood" stuff.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Every day its getting closer.

Finally fixed the new quote syntax. Phew!

oh nice, a screenie possible? (if it has changed visibly) smile

Well, not really. See the changelog for details.

Please, please, please don't make it more complicated.

Careful what you add...

Through the awful grace of God

"Dude, CSS and XHTML are like two boys who are deeply in love.  They're perfect for each other, but no one can acccept it."

Thank you for the concern gunny. I promise it will not be bloated. If it turns out a feature will require a lot of code or be "too big" in any other way, I will just skip it.

I love this just as it is, and I'm suggesting it around.

Through the awful grace of God

"Dude, CSS and XHTML are like two boys who are deeply in love.  They're perfect for each other, but no one can acccept it."

Simplicity is why i traded a phpBB for punBB. I did a little research from hotscripts, looked at almost all the discussion board scripts there, but chose this one.
punBB is friggin awesome!

37 (edited by chacmool 2003-12-03 15:11)

I see that one thing I've been waiting for, for a while, is done:

Rewrote the visit management code again. All the data is now stored in the database. Thus, the cookie only contains the username and the password checksum.

Any comments on a possible release date?

Well, I won't make any promises, but I am definately aiming for a release before christmas.

good work ;-)
i thought -"maybe i would open forum on my site :-)))))"

That would make a great christmas present... wink

Whee! I did something! :D

That "before christmas" release date I was talking about above is quite unlikely. Some of the new things are taking more time than what I had expected and I have also had lots and lots of things to do other than work on PunBB. I'm sorry, but 1.1 is a big update (especially code-wise) and I don't like releasing things that I haven't tested thoroughly. My new target is before new years eve.

2004 - 1.1
2005 - 1.who knows??

Take as long as you need, its gotta be perfect!

New subscription system done. See changelog for more info.

Wicked, only
- Use "Undisclosed recipients" and BCC for mass e-mail (http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2551).
- Add global announcements (http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2867).
- Translate the JavaScript popup messages in forms.
- Check out SQLite and see if adding support is viable.
to go then its released!!!!!

Actually, the "Undisclosed recipients" thing has been skipped. See http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2551

I've added some more stuff that was on my own internal TODO list. I don't believe SQLite support will make it into this release. I will add it to the TODO list for 1.2 :)

Updated.

Updated.

Updated!