Topic: An error occured on line 58 -- Installation Problems

Hey,
When I'm trying to install PunBB I get this error:

An error occured on line 58 in file /home/vhosts/onlinevolumeforum.1500mb.com/public_html/forums/include/dblayer/mysql.php.

PunBB reported: Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Access denied for user 'onlinevolumeforu'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I have a MySQL database and everything else that is needed. I have set cache and avatars to 777 also. I'd love to get PunBB up and running and get a domain name etc. so please help!

Thanks.

Re: An error occured on line 58 -- Installation Problems

have you set up your database properly?

If you entered your password as its typed here there would appear to be an "m" missing.

'onlinevolumeforu' isn't my password, 'onlinevolumeforum' is the username for my 1500mb.com account. I don't have a clue why it has an 'm' missing.

Yes, as far as I know the database is set-up properley.

Anyway, fill in your username correctly wink

Haha, right. I managed to fill in my username correctly, and then I get this:

An error occured on line 1228 in file /home/vhosts/onlinevolumeforum.1500mb.com/public_html/forums/install.php.

PunBB reported: Unable to create table users. Please check your settings and try again.

Database reported: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'VARCHAR(30), location VARCHAR(30), use_avatar TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFA' at line 14 (Errno: 1064)

First time, sorry tongue

What MySQL version are you using? And what did you do to your install.php? =/ All the text is centered =/

Ok, this is probably the bit where I have a bad version and it makes me look like a twunt tongue

All I can find is MySQL version 4 if that's enough...and the only thing I've done to instal.php is dragged and dropped it into FTP =/

Thanks for the help.

Hrmm, it should work =/ Try reuploading install.php to be on the safe side wink

OK, will do. I'll be online again after midday tommorow.

Well I tried again today before I re-uploaded and I get this: 

An error occured on line 430 in file /home/vhosts/onlinevolumeforum.1500mb.com/public_html/forums/install.php.

PunBB reported: Unable to create table bans. Please check your settings and try again.

Database reported: Table 'bans' already exists (Errno: 1050)

Same problem after I have re-uploaded

Yeah, the install script stopped last time after it inserted some things already wink So remove all those table and start all over again...

I really look like a pain in the ass here dont I XD

Well I restarted from the beginning, uploaded everything again and now I just get a blank screen when I install. No error message, just a blank screen.

Hrmm, that's odd.

Okay, I've been trying everyday but no result. I can give someone my database name and password if they wanna try for me. PM me.

Jonno wrote:

Okay, I've been trying everyday but no result. I can give someone my database name and password if they wanna try for me. PM me.

PunBB doesn't have a PM function tongue Well, not standard that is.

I have a feeling your host is messing with things (I say this because a lot of things that should be showing up aren't and the ads seem to change your page more than they should)