Topic: CMS Plugin

Hi everyone,

I am very new to PunBB and I wanted to know if there is a CMS plugin to have a layout like the main page on this site. I hate just having a plain BB for my website. I like the CMS look with left/right panels so to speak. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Crusader

Re: CMS Plugin

That's not a plugin, that's a mod

Ok, so is it available for download?

Crusader

Moved to modifications.

You can use either the miniportal tutorial or Puntal (there's an English version available as well as an English support forum).

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

It appears that the version does not work with this latest release of PunBB. Am I correct in saying so?

Crusader

It appears that the version does not work with this latest release of PunBB. Am I correct in saying so?

Crusader

crusader, i have took the frontpage mod and updated all the fixes. holla if you need it.
here a demo link.
http://hntshosting.com
im designing a style for a punbb member.
here the link to the forum post
http://www.punres.org/desc.php?pid=78

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

I am confused. Is this Puntal or the other basic MOD where you have to ad dlinks manually? I am looking for Puntal that would work with the latest release.

Shedrock

crusader wrote:

I am confused. Is this Puntal or the other basic MOD where you have to ad dlinks manually? I am looking for Puntal that would work with the latest release.

Shedrock

Quaker simply mentioned another portal implementation for PunBB, PunBB Frontpage.

Puntal should work with the latest release: http://puntal.foxmask.info/forums/viewt … 2228#p2228

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Well, I eventually got this thing working but this is the most complicated MOD I've ever seen and tried. I installed it but the links aren't right. Once in the Forum, there is no link back to the portal. I got that going by adding a link in the forum "additional menu" thingy. The other problem I seem to be having is that if I am in the Forum mode and then click on Profile and try to change a theme I get the following message:

Bad HTTP_REFERER. You were referred to this page from an unauthorized source. If the problem persists please make sure that 'Base URL' is correctly set in Admin/Options and that you are visiting the forum by navigating to that URL. More information regarding the referrer check can be found in the PunBB documentation.

Any ideas?

crusader wrote:

The other problem I seem to be having is that if I am in the Forum mode and then click on Profile and try to change a theme I get the following message:

Bad HTTP_REFERER. You were referred to this page from an unauthorized source. If the problem persists please make sure that 'Base URL' is correctly set in Admin/Options and that you are visiting the forum by navigating to that URL. More information regarding the referrer check can be found in the PunBB documentation.

Any ideas?

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2295

crusader wrote:

I installed it but the links aren't right. Once in the Forum, there is no link back to the portal. I got that going by adding a link in the forum "additional menu" thingy.

That's by design. Puntal is meant to add the portal without affecting PunBB files, so you have to add the link through the options page (like you did).

crusader wrote:

Well, I eventually got this thing working but this is the most complicated MOD I've ever seen and tried.

Well, it's an ambitious project.

Well, I appreciate your help. I am assuming that there really is no easy way to ge tit all to work correctly. at least not any without headaches. big_smile

Crusader